SHADOW DIVERS EXPOSED: The Real Saga of the U-869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonka, this may blow your mind, but I think there's plenty to criticize about Chatterton and Kohler and the way they dive and what they do. I don't view them as diving gods or untouchables. But right now Gentile and you are making the NE wreck diving community look bad -- and I say that as an impartial external observer who one day would like to go out there and dive the WWII wrecks you've got, and my major reaction to all this is "what are they smoking out there?"

And try to keep it all in perspective. The issue is the discovery of the identity of an unidentified/misidentified WWII submarine sunk decades ago. Nobody should have risked their life for this (one of my major criticisms of Chatterton), nobody should have died over it, and its not worth the hysterics from you and Gary to try to set the record straight.

And tactically your method of argumentation is horrible. You'd get more by just laying out the simple facts, and letting other people come to their own conclusions about Chatterton and Kohler. The only conclusion that I can come to right now is that they have you and Gentile beat hands down in terms of professionalism. And really when you consider the "political camp" which I'm in and my teams general bias against Chatterton and Kohler thats saying a lot.

You are completely failing to win the "hearts and minds" in this little war that you're waging. Even those who would be most receptive to your views are turned off by your approach. That is why all your posts got pulled and why this whole thread is probably going to disappear again. It is not that you are critical of Chatterton and Kohler, it is they way that you are expressing yourself.

And you really need to get over your persecution complex. It was obvious to anyone why your posts were made to disappear out of the previous thread and why they'll disappear here. And believe me, this is coming from someone who would love to pile into a thread critical of Chatterton and Kohler and slog them a little bit. Being seen as "defending" them makes me feel a little bit weird. But you and Gentile have gone so far over the line, and apparently don't even realize it.

Chill out. And stop acting like God appeared to you as a burning bush and told you that it wasn't a circle runner. I think its about 60/40 against the circle runner personally and I wouldn't argue with anyone who thought it seemed more 90/10 or better, but we weren't there and can't say with certainty. Rather than just making your case, coming off like God told you personally really turns people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom