Shameless plug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee once bubbled...

WB....I try to keep diver subjects within 3-4 ft when the vis is less than 10 ft. The green algae in the water, even when it's 'clear', really sucks the light out of the picture and a strong flash just highlights the algae giving it an overall hazy look. Try angling your strobe to the inside about 20º, that will help with the backscatter.

Thanks... since I'm doing this on the "cheap", I'm using my 10w HID light for additional light so I'll adjust the angle a bit. I wondered why the backscatter was so prominent.

Dee once bubbled...

Since we seldom every get 30ft vis, I don't have an answer to that one!

LOL!

thanks, wb

cwb once bubbled...

Thanks... since I'm doing this on the "cheap", I'm using my 10w HID light for additional light so I'll adjust the angle a bit. I wondered why the backscatter was so prominent.

Now THAT explains alot! You might also tell MB not to stir it up so bad!!! :wink:

Scott:
I can't get it to open either. I tried this morning, and again tonight.
Boo Hoo.

Dave is out of town on a work project but I'm sure his email box is stuffed. He'll have it fixed as soon as he checks in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom