Shark attack in San Diego this morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have they confirmed the type of shark it was?

Looks like the year is starting out pretty bad - two deaths within a couple of months. my thoughts are with the family. swimming in the ocean always freaks me out although I don't mind diving with all kinds of sharks.

We are supposed to dive La Jolla tomorrow, my friends wife said they closed the beaches. Does anybody know anything on this? I don't want to drive there if the beaches are closed.

From the O.C. Register:

Lifeguards closed beaches in Solana Beach and Encinitas after the attack.

So far, however, no San Diego beaches have been closed, San Diego lifeguard Lt. Nick Lerma said. “It happened a significant distance from us, so we're sort of status quo,” Lerma said.

I was interviewed by KNX about this. Hope I sounded like I actually knew something. So sad for the family and friends.

I will look for that drbill! The man was a (66 year old) Dentist who was swimming with 10 Tri-athletes 150 yards off shore!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom