Shark awareness certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next time I am in town I am going to do the Camden dive. It sounds so f'ing cool!
Or am I wrong?
Get Wet!

No specialty card or anything else, but IMNSHO, the shark dive in Fiji was alone worth the trip.

I'm also a bit skeptical of specialties like "Fish ID". Honestly, how much can they cover in a 2 hour course, that you couldn't learn better by picking up a book on the fish of the region, and reading through it yourself?

Granted, one of the biggest problems with most nature books on fish, is that the photographs are usually taken with great lighting, while what most of us see on our dives lacks most of the colors from the photographs. I'd think the ideal book for divers would have a full color photo, next to a photo as seen under normal dive conditions.

SSI does offer a "shark diver" certification but it isn't available in the United States currently, and as far as I can tell it is the only such program offered by a major certification agency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom