Shark Con Returns to Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsisemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Shark Con is returning for another year at the Florida State Fairgrounds, and sounds like it's going to be bigger and better than ever!

Along with some great exhibitors like Ocearch and The Florida Aquarium, they'll have a scuba diving pool, touch tanks and an ocean bounce house. Personally, I'm most excited about the great white shark ride. It looks like the bucking bronco rides you find in honky tonks but waaaaay cooler.

Are any other local Scubaboarders planning to attend Shark Con 4?
Shark-Con

So I wanted to chime in here because I bet alot of you have never gone to Shark Con. I have gone to Shark Con since its inception. I was lucky enough to hear many excellent discussions and meet authors, actors, photographers and videographers who care about the future of sharks and the oceans. Sylvia Earle was at the very first Shark Con. Jim Abernethy was there and at the end of the day they had a panel discussion with Shark Angels and even a teen conservationist who had also spoken. The next year brought the team from OSearch and a local hero Joe Dituri who told us about exploring at depths we as divers can only dream about. Last year, Wendy Benchley spoke about what it was like to make the movie and live with the legacy of the famous shark movie. There are many more speakers, conservationists, and entertainers l, I am only highlighting a few. There is a discover scuba tank and many interesting vendors plus fun activities for kids and adults. Last year I learned about how to identify a shark by 3 characteristics. As a diver I thought it was great but people/non divers who are fascinated or even scared of sharks can all find common ground. Also in the past there have been shark weddings and speed dating for shark enthusiasts as well Left Shark. There really is something for everyone. One other note be sure to bring parking $ to the fairground like 5or 6$ I think. I will be there again this year and I can't wait!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom