shark diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great. :shakehead:

Without stirring up another debate, if you're gonna go, please choose an op that doesn't feed them.

If you want to go over and do the shark dive, contact my buddy Tony Perez ... Mrfish63@gmail.com . He was there two weeks ago and sent me a bunch of pics of several Bull sharks they dove with. Tony is a very respected Dive Master on Cozumel who knows more about marine life than anyone I know. He DOES NOT feed the sharks. He'll take you over to the sharks and you'll be glad he did.

thnaks everyone for the great info. Being a shark biology student im quite aware of the problems with feeding sharks and ya its not a good thing. So i get the feeling most of the "big" shark activity is off the main land so is there any way to get there from cozumel without another plane trip? once again thanks for the information, its much apprciated.

thnaks everyone for the great info. Being a shark biology student im quite aware of the problems with feeding sharks and ya its not a good thing. So i get the feeling most of the "big" shark activity is off the main land so is there any way to get there from cozumel without another plane trip? once again thanks for the information, its much apprciated.

The ferry goes back and forth multiple times per day. Takes approximately 40 minutes "gate to gate", and costs about 140 pesos. I won't bother attaching the schedule as it is subject to change, but runs at least every two hours, some parts of the day every hour. There are also two companies who work opposite each other, so I advise you to not buy a return ticket. If you have a return ticket and the next ferry to leave is the other company you will be left sitting there for possibly an extra 2 hours waiting to use your ticket.

I'm coming to PDC in February. Was wondering what the bullshark situation is now? and what's the best op to use that doesn't feed them? Someone mentioned Abyss.

I'm coming to PDC in February. Was wondering what the bullshark situation is now? and what's the best op to use that doesn't feed them? Someone mentioned Abyss.

See post no. 11. Tony truly is the ONLY person I would jump into shark filled water with. Period. Again, no one knows more about marine life than Tony.

Dove with the sharks a few times the last couple of weeks. The pregnant females were looking very big!
They seemed to disappear around the 21st. Does anyone know if they made it back since then?
Does anyone know when the big females give birth, if they will travel to another location?
Is there a social hiarchy, so when the big females leave, the rest will follow?

Just wondering!!

I hope they come back.

See post no. 11. Tony truly is the ONLY person I would jump into shark filled water with. Period. Again, no one knows more about marine life than Tony.

You said Tony was from Cozumel..I'm staying in Cancun so I wanted to dive with someone from PDC.Thanks anyway

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom