shark feeding pacific harbour .Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stayed at The Lagoon Resort 2 weeks ago. did the Shark dives, was very impressed, very worth it. They had'nt seen any tigers for three weeks, and we did'nt see any though lots and lots of bulls and lemon sharks etc. you get a good view of the sharks grabbing the fish.. we saw 6 types of sharks... bring your camera, or you can buy a dvd that they make of the day for you.

We're doing the shark dive with Aqua Trek, next month. Can't wait!

Out of curiousity, are the shark feeding dives scheduled daily or only if they have enough divers?

We just did the shark dives with Aqua Trek earlier this month...AWESOME!! They were our first shark dives. We were scheduled for the Wednesday dive, but they ended up doing another one on Friday.

Wednesday - I was actually a little disappointed. We saw nurse, grey reef, lemon, and several bulls. It was pretty slow paced. The other large fish that people have already mentioned were there as well...including a HUGE puffer.

Friday - The action picked up! There were the same nurse and lemons, but fewer bulls. The silver tip came in and seemed to get everyone excited - he actually bumped into my husband's camera housing! While on our safety stop, we saw a new, large shape below us...TIGER SHARK!!! Everyone watched it swim around about 30 feet below us. As we began to surfact, she would come and go - lots of people snorkeling during our SI. They continued to chum and every now and then the people in the water would hollar "The Tiger's back!" On our way down, she began circling around. It took her a little while to come in, but she did and pigged out on several fish heads. It was AWESOME!!! I was very glad that we were able to do the second dives!

During all of the dives I felt very safe. The crew did a great job!

Jennifer

I did it, last month, and yes I survived. It was so cool! The shark varieties included nurse, lemon, white tip, silver tip and yes, the dreaded bull shark! No tigers, though, since it's the wrong time of the year.

Thanks guys.
now been and done that.
every second day is shark feeding,dived with beqa adventure,for 5 days.
HIGHLY recommend the rush.
above posts pretty much covered it.
cheers.

Every other day is shark dive day! Great.

However, on alternate days... what kind of dives do you do? Walls, drifts, reefs... ?

Durgeon:
Every other day is shark dive day! Great.

However, on alternate days... what kind of dives do you do? Walls, drifts, reefs... ?

we were there for 5 days so obviously had 2 days of non shark feeding diving,these two days consisted pretty much of reef diving,one of those days consisted of diving a trawler that had sunk,this was an easy wreck to dive with good visability and enough of it to keep you interested,the divemasters managed to find species that normally you would swim right over the top of.
after having dived 4 times in the north (bligh sea) i was a little aprehensive,in what we were going to see in the lagoon,after having read reports from previous divers that were not that flash.i was surprised,yes there were areas of coral that had been munted by nature ect,but there was also a alot of great reef activity to be seen,fish,life,soft corals,fans,ect ect ect. would i go back??? pretty much been there done that now,,,would i recommend it.HELL YES.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom