Shark finning in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mushroom King

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wow,

I know lots of people like shark fin soup in Japan, but I was taken aback when I turned on the tv and saw your typical moron talento (tv personality) slicing into a shark carcass and then holding it above her head cheering 'yatta' (I did it!)

TV asahi had a one hour special on 'the 30 best places to have shark fin soup' and also showed such wonders as the fishermen cutting the fins, to the fins being cleaned and dried to the final Ooiiiishiiii (tasty)

I'll post the link http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/densetsu/ but it will likely have next week show posted soon. I've attached a screen shot of the site.

Before anyone goes on a tirade about the japanese and sharks, keep in mind that 99% of Japanese are not mean or arrogant about the plight of sharks, they are simply ignorant. So lets not get aggressive but instead focus on educating... any japanese speakers out there can let their friends know and maybe let TV-Asahi know.

Attachments

• shark 2.jpg
    shark 2.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 150
  • shark 1.jpg
    shark 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 98
I hear that next week, the little cutsie girls are going to go out and club some dolphins. Ganbarre!

I heard from a friend here that all canned whale is dophin.. i guess that makes the whales happy!

Shark lung soup is better . . .

Japan kills thousands of whalles.Why not sharks?

OMG, whales are dumb, sharks are gracious . . .

Japan kills thousands of whalles.Why not sharks?

Because no sharks = No humans. Simple really.

Sharks are one of the most important factors in the survival of the planet.

I'd say they were 2 pretty decent reasons to stop the slaughter of sharks.

I agree 100% with you David.Some people's traditions is to kill animals just for soup or grease.They don't understand that nowadays things are changed.They don't care because they want their soup.
There is no difference if these animals are sharks,whales or dolphins.Some nations are ready to kill anything in the name of tradition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom