Shark TOOTH Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anybody done any sharktooth hunting?

And what is the best place to go.

And what charter.

I have not been my self but would love to go.

Scott =-)

I head out from the beach. If you're interested in diving Venice, let me know, I'll try to meet you.

The Cooper River in Charleston, SC is a great place to look for fossilized Megaladon teeth.

Walter I should be down in late February. I will try to PM you,when it gets closer to my trip.

Scott :mickey:

Sounds like a good plan. If you have the dates, send me a PM now, so I can put it in my calendar. Maybe we can put together a little group.

Best area to find shark teeth on Florida's Gulf coast is Venice. About a mile off of the beach. The LDS that runs regular shark tooth trips and is well versed in the fossils found in the area is called West Coast Scuba. LDS's owner's name is Steve Thacker. Give him a call to arrange a charter. Most come back with some pretty nice size teeth. I have seen teeth to 4 inchs and lots of other fossils, i.e. manatee bones, whale bones, and horse teeth.

has anyone out there heard for Megladon teeth at the Mouth of the St. johns river?

I'v heard that a few years ago.
Any experience?
thanks,
Rice

I will be in Venice On feb 17;If anybody would like to go shark tooth hunting let me know.

Scott =-)

Back
Top Bottom