Sharks Cove Report 5-26-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiHuntrs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We dove Sharks Cove today. Thought we'd get an early start so we were there by 7:15. ScubaDrew was already set up and getting quizzes from his group of students. I think he just lives and sleeps up there under the guise of Volunteering to watch the preserve.
Anyway, we had two enjoyable dives, water temp was a brisk 75F.

First dive we explored to the right side, swimming through all the cracks searching for Nudis. Found a couple Spanish Dancers (Hexabranchus sanguineus) and a Gold Lace (Halgerda terramtuentis) Nudi as well.

Second Dive we went to the left and found an egg eating nudibranch (Favorinus japonicus) on its usual food Spanish Dancer eggs. We also found quite a few Fellow's nudibranch (Peltodoris fellowsi).
Highlight of the dive was seeing the sponge-carrying crab.

We also got some time on camera as ScubaDrew filmed us as we were cruising by his class. Damn we look good!!!:D

Spanish Dancer
Sharks%20Cove%20013.jpg

Spanish Dancer
Sharks%20Cove%20061.jpg

Fellow's Nudibranch
Sharks%20Cove%20067.jpg

Sponge Carrying Crab
Sharks%20Cove%20081.jpg

Here is what the egg eating nudi looks like:
Sharks%20Cove%207-25-07%20129.jpg

Heavy crop of egg eating nudi
Sharks%20Cove%207-25-07%20130.jpg

Great diving today.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures

Dive Safe

NH

Nice shots!
Seeing as how I saw you there again TODAY, I guess I am not the only one sleeping there :D
I hope my wagon train caused no disruption to your dives...that was about 3 more divers than I like to have.
I will find that footage and put it up as soon as I can.
Drew

ScubaDrew,

No worries, your group well supervised. Although, that was the first time we actually witnessed anyone herd cats..Great Job:wink:
No really, you had control of your students which is more than I can say for some!

See you next weekend, weather permitting...

NH

ScubaDrew,

No worries, your group well supervised. Although, that was the first time we actually witnessed anyone herd cats..Great Job:wink:
No really, you had control of your students which is more than I can say for some!

See you next weekend, weather permitting...

NH
I've seen ScubaDrew herding... :)

hehehe

NudiHuntrs,

What type of camara and light do you use? Those are some fantastic pictures.

NudiHuntrs,

What type of camara and light do you use? Those are some fantastic pictures.

I'm using a Sea and Sea Dx8000g with (2) S&S YS-110 strobes in manual mode.
The Camera has a great macro capability. The strobes make all the difference.

I kinda prefer the point and shoot cameras because I can do a little of everything, macro, wide angle, and video.

NH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom