Sharks questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw in a few posts that sometimes sharks are attracted to stobes.

If this is true, is it the flash or the sound of the strobe charging that attracts them?

If it's the light, would they also be attracted to any light then (standard flash, video lights, dive lights)?

If it's the sound, would they also be attracted to other sounds a camera makes (shutter, focusing, zooming, film advance, the various blips and beeps of a digital)?

I have heard that bull sharks get 'mad' when divers are using HID lights. It may not me the light or the sound, but rather any sort of disturbance that the battery packs are giving off.

Sharks are attraced to any electrical signal. One of the primary reasons that sharks shouldn't be kept in fishtanks.

What kind of tank would you suggest for a 7 foor sand tiger...

:tease: Joking...............

Sharks are attracted to strobe lights and anything flashing.

Especially Tigers.

They actually feed on a type of fish that regularly flashes (forget the name).

Knew of a guy that was snapping photos of something somewhere and a 7 ft. Tiger ambushed him out of nowhere, aiming for the camera and ended up taking both of his hands off.

some sharks appear to be attracted to the strobe particularly when it is charging. on the other hand many sharks will get spooked when you fire your strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom