Sharks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They didn't get pissed because of the flash? I was told not to take pics until they passed you? Well, I wouldn't do it either way........

I usually only get to see sharks in Daytona when they are going nuts running through the bait fish! I love to see 'em when they are just doing their thing... looking pretty but still letting you know they are still in charge! SSSSSWWWWWEEEEEEETTTT pics!!!

And to think when they are not in a courthouse they look just like a normal shark! Great photos!

Doug,

Are those pictures edited or color corrected at all in photoshop? I have the Canon 20D (am waiting on the housing to get here), and your pictures look very clear and true with the color. If this is how the pictures turn out I am even more excited than I was before to start using mine. Thanks.

Those pictures are awsome. Hey who knows where I can dive with sharks around Okinawa?

Fabulous, just fabulous!!! Looks like the visability was increadible.

Stryker:

I can't speak for David, but some of mine were untouched and others had a small adjustment in Levels. The viz is usually excellent at Tiger Beach. This combined with shallow water (under 20 fsw) and white sand making everything bright makes for good photography.

Doug

I have to process everything to an extent, because they're shot in RAW and not at all compressed. The Nikon D70 comes out a bit flat from the RAW state, so contrast, brightness, levels etc. all need adjusting. Other than that I try not to play with them too much, which is why the first one has such a blue cast, but I do pick out any backscatter. I don't feel that it adds anything to leave it in.

David.

PS. The strobe going off doesn't seem to bother them at all, but the recycling definitely gets their attention.

David A:
This is probably.......no I'll go out on a limb and say I'm sure it's definitely the best shark trip in the world, and I'll keep you guessing, but only until tomorrow. I'm putting together a full report, and will post it as soon as I can.

The only trouble is that it's one boat, very few trips, and if I tell everybody, how will I get on it again?

For what it's worth to you, you don't have to worry about me getting on that boat :11:

Back
Top Bottom