Shears?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aussie Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What does everyone mean by 'shears'? I was looking at buying a new knife, but after reading this, it seems 'shears' might by the way to go. Only problem is, I have no idea what your all talking about. Guess my American isn't very up to date Ü

A pic would be handy.

They come either way. If you're going to mount it on a strap, you want a sheath. If you're going to put it in a pocket, you don't need one, just a snap or something to clip it off inside the pocket with.

You can buy all kinds of them at leisurepro, Divers discount, etc.

Thanks Dr K. I was specifically looking at the ones SB is selling. I've seen the others. My application at this point is for diving wet, so, I'll need the sheath to put on my harness.

Need them for the project aware dive next weekend. My LDS is out of them.

teknitroxdiver:
They come either way. If you're going to mount it on a strap, you want a sheath. If you're going to put it in a pocket, you don't need one, just a snap or something to clip it off inside the pocket with.

You can buy all kinds of them at leisurepro, Divers discount, etc.

Quarrior:
Thanks Dr K. I was specifically looking at the ones SB is selling. I've seen the others. My application at this point is for diving wet, so, I'll need the sheath to put on my harness.

Need them for the project aware dive next weekend. My LDS is out of them.
You can make a sheath with an extra piece of harness or belt webbing - that's what I did for my knife sheath.

If you've got a Mini-Maglite laying around, the sheath it comes with will fit most small knives and shears.

Shears = Scissors.

While there are technical differences, for foreign language people and 95% of americans, shears and scissors are the same thing. People will know what you are talking about when you say scissors.

Xanthro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom