Shears?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aussie Diver:
Yeah, see if people just used english and called them scissors, i'd probably understand. But i've found you americans don't actually speak english.

My wife is originally from Sydney and took me a while to figure out all of her little slangs at first such as

boot=car trunk
trolley=shopping basket
bloke=guy
sheila=woman
lollies=candy
beatrid(sp?)=something aussies put on their burgers
vegemite=YUK!!!

Those are the ones that come to mind right off hand. I think i have her all figured out now after all this time or vice versa :D

BigJetDriver69:
That is probably the most dangerous assumption a man ever made! Good luck! :crafty:
I guess i should clarify that i have all of her aussie lingos figured out now. Heck she sounds more american than i do now....lol. As for the other, I doubt man will ever truly figure out a woman but learn to passify her in order to buy more dive gear and go diving more often :wink:

BigJetDriver69:
That is probably the most dangerous assumption a man ever made! Good luck! :crafty:

P.S.---Talk about Aussies, Brits, and Yanks being divided by a common language. Think about the language communications gap between men and women. We just think we are on the same planet!!! :wink:

Aussie Diver:
What does everyone mean by 'shears'? I was looking at buying a new knife, but after reading this, it seems 'shears' might by the way to go. Only problem is, I have no idea what your all talking about. Guess my American isn't very up to date Ü

A pic would be handy.
scissors is meant by that,but i would take a small bc knife in addition to the scissors anyway.peace mate :wink:

Charlie99:
So what do you Aussies use to shear sheep?

I'm no farmer, but i'd say electric shears are the way to tackel that problem.

Thanks for the helps guys. Seems like some cheap arsed scissors and a bc knife is the way to go.

Yep, electric clippers do the job. About 4" wide, they get it done fast. Of course, if you push too hard, you cut a nice 4" wide hole in the sheep's side. :ugh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom