Shearwater Cloud Updates Fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I installed it last week, new user, no dives. Windows 11 & on an android phone.

No issues with either.

Since I have no dives on the SW yet there's nothing logged, so no idea about that.

Could be something as simple as your firewall or antivirus software, though I didn't have to disable either.

Mine looks fine. Perhaps your database got corrupted somehow.

I was prompted to update the cloud desktop application - updated - databases updated

Accessed the android application - prompted me that it would update - it updated without any qualm

I’ve found the iOS app not worth using for anything but firmware updates as well. Feels like a rushed port of a PC program. Does not support the non-rectangular screens of a modern phone in landscape, insists on fullscreen mode. Contacted Shearwater about that, they eventually admitted it was an issue but said they were too busy to think about it anytime soon. I use MacDive for logging dives.

Since people seem to generally dislike this app for logs, what do people prefer? I'm a windows/andoid user, not apple

Since people seem to generally dislike this app for logs, what do people prefer? I'm a windows/andoid user, not apple
I use Subsurface, primarily. Started with DiverLog+ when I used an Oceanic computer. There are Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android versions available. I usually download to my phone from the Perdix as that seems most reliable.

I do use SW Cloud, but primarily for updates. DivingLog and MacDive also get some love here, though MacDive won’t be an option for you.

I just found out that the logs on my Perdix and Sheawater Cloud app for iOS don’t match.
Eg. Perdix says dive #1 - 5/7/2020 but apps says dive #1 - 8/16/2020

WTF

There are tons of Database/SW developers in WA and Vancouver area. Shearwater needs to step up their game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom