Shearwater Keyman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You paying full price is your own problem. :wink:

Oh I don't, but I do my own research and build my own connections. I don't go begging on ScubaBoard.

I’m loving my $705 Shearwater perdix 2 from silent explorers. Its so pretty I hate to even dive it 😬
OK - I understand the pain associated with that. Send it to me and I'll break it in good for you and save you the anguish. 🍀(Happy St Paddy's Day)

Oh I don't, but I do my own research and build my own connections. I don't go begging on ScubaBoard.
this.

If you want to try and "get a deal" on Shearwaters, this isn't the way to do it. Plus, nobody is going to risk their connections/dealer status to someone that they don't know.

It's just hilarious to see someone jump on ScubaBoard to say, "Hey, can ya'll help me and a bunch of instructor buddies save a bundle on super popular computers that ya'll have to pay full price for?" and you're wondering why we aren't all jumping to help you out.
Some people in the dive industry are more than willing to help others in the industry out. We know what instructors get paid so helping fellow instructors out with keyman deals for products their shop doesn't carry comes down to being a decent human being. Finding it "Hilarious" that someone is asking for help is pathetic. If you disagree you should just keep your opinion to yourself.

So lets discuss the "keyman" principal...

An individual is required to be a billboard for the merchandise the shop sells and thus has to procure it and use it (good or bad). Since said individual is providing a service as an advertisement and marketer for said shop, the compensation to do such is a discounted price on the equipment because it drives a revenue stream for the shop. I wholly endorse that principal.

Since you clearly said your shop doesn't carry such products, and you specifically said the desire was for your personal recreational fun, you are no way deserving of any different pricing than the rest of us.

Should you put in the effort to organize some large group buy and all the logistics and get a volume discount, good on you. But to approach this the way you have is just pathetic...

Now tell me why you justifiably feel differently.....

An individual is required to be a billboard for the merchandise the shop sells and thus has to procure it and use it (god or bad).
"god" equipment? I guess that's pretty superlative ......

:poke:

this.

If you want to try and "get a deal" on Shearwaters, this isn't the way to do it. Plus, nobody is going to risk their connections/dealer status to someone that they don't know.
I work in a dive world where people take care of each other. I'm sad for you that you don't.

Some people in the dive industry are more than willing to help others in the industry out. We know what instructors get paid so helping fellow instructors out with keyman deals for products their shop doesn't carry comes down to being a decent human being. Finding it "Hilarious" that someone is asking for help is pathetic. If you disagree you should just keep your opinion to yourself.
Thank you! I appreciate that you understand my goal and not being a Boomer about it :)

I work in a dive world where people take care of each other. I'm sad for you that you don't.

No offense but I don’t know anyone who would do this unless ordering a big batch for a group that prepays for it…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom