Shearwater Keyman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn’t want to cough up what the peasants have to pay. 🤦‍♀️ Makes you wonder what the shop sells. Must be horrid if these instructors won’t use it for fun diving. 🤣😁

Bummer for you and for your area. We actually work with other dive shops in the area and take care of each other.

What area is the internet? We’re on the internet right now. We don’t know you. Did you not ask around you local shops that DO sell shearwater?

Doesn’t want to cough up what the peasants have to pay. 🤦‍♀️ Makes you wonder what the shop sells. Must be horrid if these instructors won’t use it for fun diving. 🤣😁

Suunto.

OP does Shearwater even offer keyman? I know some manufacturers don't.

Having just got keyman on a DUI suit, there was definitely a lot of paperwork involved. I needed to show that I was an instructor teaching a given number of students a year, including Dry Suit classes and other related information that shows I will influence future buyers.

And my shop had to sell DUI products and "sponsor" the application.

Shearwater might be different, but my shop sells those and never offered my a keyman price on that equipment. I don't know if Shearwater offers the program.

|Thinking purely as the consumer/customer: Do I want to pay extra to cover the cost of an "influencer" getting a discount? But I'm a hypocrite that will happily take the deal if it's on equipment I want.

Does no one else find it strange that the only posts that the OP, and the poster who is echoing him, have made since 2016 are in this thread. And that they are both rather bent out of shape at the other posters. Seems a lot like when SB accounts were getting hacked a couple of years ago.
Just say’n.

Suunto.

OP does Shearwater even offer keyman? I know some manufacturers don't.

That’s the mystery question that no one wants to reveal. It should be pointed out that dealers make no money at all on keyman items. They have to “prove” that the recipient is a valued store employee in professional status. It’s a benefit to compensate for the lousy wages they receive and major effort they expend helping the LDS. The idea of ordering and selling to anyone who asks is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom