Shearwater Perdix AI vs. Perdix 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the idea of seeing my wife's air without having to grab her spg. I only have to have my left arm near her tank and it should pick it up when I want that info. Same goes for when my kids start driving. Yes, they should be monitoring and reporting remaining air per our plan but that isn't always the case. Just one more layer of comfort for me since I'm their diving sherpa.
One of the computers that I use is the MK2i and it has the ability to read my kids PSI from a distance. While I understand that they should and will read their own gauge and I also see value in being able to see what they have quickly and conveniently any point in the dive when I look at my PSI.

If anyone hasn't noticed there is a NIB black Perdix 2 in the classifieds for $1000....

According to some reviews, the screen is the same but the glass is different making it look brighter and with more contrast. Have not been able to see it live to confirm. I would say that the only real upgrade/update is the vibration. All rest is minor or not functional.

According to some reviews, the screen is the same but the glass is different making it look brighter and with more contrast. Have not been able to see it live to confirm. I would say that the only real upgrade/update is the vibration. All rest is minor or not functional.
I have a Perdix 2 and the screen does look better and reads better at off angles with the glass vs plastic cover. The vibration alerts are nice (at the expense of battery life, though) and you can adjust sensitivity of the new buttons as well. A relatively minor update, but still a nice gen 2 of the Perdix AI.

No. That’s not correct. It was true until the Swift was introduced. Around that time, the firmware was updated, and this allowed connection to 4 transmitters fir the Perdix AI and Teric.

For the Perdix AI, firmware v84 added support for 4 transmitters in July 2021. V19 for the Teric around the same time.
so botf perdix en perdix 2 acn have 4 transmitters?? never heard the first one cpould

so botf perdix en perdix 2 acn have 4 transmitters?? never heard the first one cpould
Yes, Perdix AI and Perdix 2 are identical in terms of how many transmitters they can manage provided you update to the latest firmware

Yes, Perdix AI and Perdix 2 are identical in terms of how many transmitters they can manage provided you update to the latest firmware
oh cool funny how they dont say anything about it lol but I got a amazing deal on perdix 2 so that's what I take

No. That’s not correct. It was true until the Swift was introduced. Around that time, the firmware was updated, and this allowed connection to 4 transmitters fir the Perdix AI and Teric.

For the Perdix AI, firmware v84 added support for 4 transmitters in July 2021. V19 for the Teric around the same time.
When connecting the xmitters can they be a variety of compatible or do they all have to be SWIFT?

When connecting the xmitters can they be a variety of compatible or do they all have to be SWIFT?
You can mix and match, but with the obvious caveat of more than 1 of the old school ones may, in some very limited cases, cause issues (hence them making the SWIFT).

According to what I see, it is same guts with the better glass and bezel options being the real improvements.Vibration alerts are also undated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom