Shearwater Perdix scuba computer double diy mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is pretty darn clever. It is worth going through all the images, as when I started I was thinking "what's wrong with some bungees?" But I get it. This gives me ideas as I have a transmitter for my heated vest that I'd like to have properly mounted, possibly a compass. I'd still leave my backup Perdix on my left arm, but I may try to see what I can come up with based on your idea. Thanks for posting.

BTW, what kind of paint did you use? How durable is it to salt water? I don't want something that can flake off and pollute.

Nice work. Thank you for sharing.

Very cool. I guess you could use bungees rather than straps too. How much space did you leave between the two units? You need enough room for gloved fingers to press buttons.

Nice job. But before you painted it I thought you were going for the Star Wars / Imperial Storm Trooper look.

BTW, looks like you used Schedule 40 (or 80) PVC... do you think it was necessary?

Nice!
Full disclosure: Just asking for interest on a nice idea and job well done. Don't own a Perdix (yet):
Does the spacing suffice for battery replacement w/o needing to remove one DC?
How is the "long assembly = brace?" on you arm in practice, where it sits during the dive? Do you keep full elbow and wrist mobility or does it get "tight", especially elbow wise (upper arm wanting to hit DC) ?

Very cool. I guess you could use bungees rather than straps too. How much space did you leave between the two units? You need enough room for gloved fingers to press buttons.

You can freely squeeze 2 fingers between units. This gives enough room for effortless activation of side buttons. Space in between

Nice job. But before you painted it I thought you were going for the Star Wars / Imperial Storm Trooper look.

BTW, looks like you used Schedule 40 (or 80) PVC... do you think it was necessary?

Went with small pre-cut piece that was available at Lowes. I was not going to buy a full thing. The thick one was the only one available in short size.

Back
Top Bottom