Shearwater Swift vs Shearwater Research vs Aqualung 02 Clean Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The place I'm buying is selling both for the exact same price, so which one should I grab do you think?

Most likely O2 clean just means you paid $25 more. I can’t belueve from a manufacturing perspective that there’s a difference between the two.
If both versions are the exact same price, which one would you buy?

It honestly doesn’t matter. I’m almost certain they’re both the same, and even if not, it won’t remain technically O2 clean once you begin using it as I doubt you’ll be using it solely with O2 clean tanks, valves & O2-compatible breathing gas at all times. You’re honestly overthinking it.

There is no downside to buying O2 Clean. There is potential for upside. At the same price, get the O2 Clean one.

Side note: I keep all my tanks O2 clean. It's the only way to be able to do partial pressure blending for custom Nitrox or trimix fills.

Once they're O2 Clean, to preserve that you just have to make sure any fills you ever get - including Air fills - are done with O2-compatible air. Some places call it Hyper Clean or other marketing names for it. It's just air with extra filtration to ensure the air going into your tank is "O2 clean" - i.e. has even lower levels of possible contaminants than normal scuba air.

Good shops do that extra filtration on everything, so all their air and nitrox is O2-compatible. Other shops only do the extra filtration on their Nitrox or the air going into their Nitrox blending system, but they don't do it for the system used for just doing Air fills on tanks.

Know your shop where you get fills... If they only do air fills, there is a reasonable chance they don't even understand O2-compatible filtration and fills from them will mean your tank is no longer O2 Clean.

Thanks everyone. I ordered the 02 Clean only because it was the same price. Looking forward to pairing it with my new (used) Teric later in the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom