Sherwood Magnum - worth rebuilding for SNUBA project?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevek

Registered
Reaction score
I have an old Sherwood Magnum regulator I found in my dad's garage. I am in the process of putting together a SNUBA system and was wondering if this regulator was any good to use. If so, where can I get parts to rebuild it? It will be used to depths of max 50 feet.

The reg is just fine to use. As for getting parts, there are a myriad of places to get o-rings (check out the the online repair manuals to get the correct vintage of Magnum).

Also, the 2nd stage seats are easily made by yourself - see this thread

Enjoy!

I have never rebuilt a regulator before....where should I start reading?

Thanks! Not sure I want to spend that much on a book for this little project quite yet but I will look into it. Thanks again

Those are easy regs to rebuild and are well worth putting back in service but there are a few differences in the old Sherwoods to keep in mind. The Belville (cupped washers) MUST be reinstalled correctly and the dry bleed system must be checked and working if the reg is to keep working correctly after the rebuild. It's not difficult but you do need to understand them to ensure the reg is working properly.

Back
Top Bottom