Sherwood SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man,

I have blown out the o-ring in my SR1 and so has my mother. Can you share the trick you refer to?

Girlsgonediving

Sorry, just noticed this post. The key is to stop the first stage piston pushing out too fast. There are two tricks - I always try to do both. First is just to press your thumb down on the first stage piston from above (ie. the black rubbery cap) to prevent it shooting up too fast when you turn your gas on. The second is that when you turn your gas on, try to depress either the power inflator or the purge, so that some of the pressure is diverted away from the piston. Might be overkill doing both, but I haven't suffered a blowout since my LDS suggested that I try that.

There really is no excuse for the SR1 to be blowing o-rings during pressurization. In my opinion it's just poor design and another reason these regs should be recalled.

There really is no excuse for the SR1 to be blowing o-rings during pressurization. In my opinion it's just poor design and another reason these regs should be recalled.

Agree completely - it was rushed to market when it wasn't ready. I think Sherwood have taken a lot of well deserved heat for it.

Although it was never recalled, the newer model no longer seems to have this issue, although I am not sure what they changed. The second SR1 that I bought has yet to cause me any trouble.

Agree completely - it was rushed to market when it wasn't ready. I think Sherwood have taken a lot of well deserved heat for it.

Although it was never recalled, the newer model no longer seems to have this issue, although I am not sure what they changed. The second SR1 that I bought has yet to cause me any trouble.

You bought a second one after the problems you had with the first?????!!!!!!!!!!

I love my old Sherwood Oasis, and I would buy the new one, except for hearing of these problems. They should have recalled it!!!!

Let's hear from Sherwood.

We were diving in Tobermory on the Aug. long weekend with water temps from 42f to 57F. Two divers in our group had brand new SR1's and both of them free flowed on every dive. They both took them and traded them in. One for a Mares MR 42 Abyss and the other for a Mares Carbon 42.

I've had mine freeflow a couple of times, but a quick adjustment on the 2nd stage performance knob works wonders. I never leave it in the max position. It will freeflow if held upside down in any water temp in the max position. After my water entry, I generally go from the hardest setting and turn towards max until its very comfortable to breath. At that point, the knob still has plenty travel before hitting the max performance setting.

I really like my SR1. It breaths very well and so far no issues in cold water (high 40s and 50s).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom