Shipwrecks and bull sharks!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlayaCountryBoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Playa del Carmen, Mexico-Meso American Reef
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had an amazing encounter yesterday. We went to our local shipwreck and were greeted by around 8-10 bull sharks. The wreck brings in lots of large rays, barracudas, jack, and turtles...and on this day, bull sharks! When you think of diving a Caribbean shipwreck with no other divers and surrounded by sharks, this is what it would look like. Enjoy!

NICE! I hope these beauties stick around for a few more weeks!!

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to be in Akumal in 3 weeks. Do you know the guys there at all? They offer a bull shark dive on their site. Is it something you'd recommend? Is this the correct season?

Nice !!!. I dove that wreck last year, no shark but then again it was in May so they are gone to deeper depth. There was a huge barracuda inside the boat and I kept admiring it and I went over the railing not paying attention and brushed against a grey plant and white tips. I had a shorty, boy did I pay the price.... :)

WOOO-HOOO!! Put me down for next year Jason! I still laugh when I think about the one you saw last Febuary that was more intent on what I was doing than the fish!

KevinL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom