Shoehorn for Stout Scuba Sirens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
47E98A9B-92D8-4570-AEF8-323EAC9C7425.jpeg
38367AEF-E32F-48D7-8C7C-F8E0C772BC8A.jpeg
One of the stresses for Divers is getting out of the tight wetsuit at the end of the day, when your tired after diving and cold fingers have no strength, in my case the tight ankle seals are the worst. I finally found the solution in an old fashioned shoe horn. I am recommending a narrow, metal (not plastic), for strength and so it does not break after exposure to salt and cold conditions.

and what a nice antique shoe horn you have there....is it silver?

Have you tried a wetsuit with zippered ankles?

and what a nice antique shoe horn you have there....is it silver?
It is sterling repoussee art nouveau, because the only metal one that I could find was in an antique store.

Have you tried a wetsuit with zippered ankles?
Well zippered ankles let in water, while these extra tight seals are the semi-drysuit with little water exchange, plus this 7mm was $75 on Leisurepro's one day pre-christmas sale. 7mm, brand new, awesomeness for $75! Best deal!

Nice tip! BTW - search on "metal shoehorn" on Amazon, and you'll find lots of options, even in stainless or plated steel.

This is a great suggestion!! I have a 8 mm wetsuit that is very snug, works great for Monterey/Carmel.

But getting my feet out is a real chore - I actually have to stop and rest while doing it. Im thinking a serving spoon handle will help.

I think "Bubblesong" has started a trend....

I would just end up turning my wetsuit inside out when taking it off...

Lycra socks for the tooties.

Back
Top Bottom