Shops/Charters in Ocean City, MD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt P

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is this www.OCDiver.com the only charter in OC, MD? I'm planning a trip there in August and want to make sure I get some dives in.

I'm vacationing with all non-divers so I need to find a shop/charter that (1) can potentially hook me up with a buddy and (2) is within reasonable driving distance - say 20 mins.

I do most of my diving in a dry suit off of NJ at the 70' to 100' range with vis usually less than 30'. Should I expect similar conditions in OC?

Thanks

Hi Matt,
OC Diver is the only full time charter boat in O.C. There is another dive boat at
the Indian River Inlet in Delaware on the North side. Indian River is between Bethany
and Dewey Beach Delaware. The boat is called "To Dive For" and is a 6-pack and just
goes out on weekends. Captain Dan has just bought a newer boat which will be a little
bigger and faster than the former "To Dive For". It is a 34 foot Silverton with twin screws, a wide beam and a large cabin. It has a fins on ladder and a door is going to
be cut into the stern for easy entry and exit. Most of our wrecks start in the 70 ft.
range, but there are a couple shallower sites we sometimes do as a second dive.
Visibility is generally 10-30 ft. Shouldn't be a problem to hook you up with a buddy.
I mate some weekends and you could dive with me if I'm there. The new schedule is not up yet, but I know the boat will not be ready until mid June. There is a link
on www.atlanticdiver@yahoogroups.com and the schedule will be posted soon.
Happy Diving,
Terri

I'll probably be down there sometime in the week of 8/12. Not 100% sure if I'll be there on the weekend. Have you seen hotel prices?! The most likely scenario is the Wed 8/15 trip with OCDiver. Do you have any experience with them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom