Shore dive sites in Tampa...Clearwater...Dunedin...Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSnack

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Dunedin FL....I've looked all over the net trying to find any shore dive sites in the area I live.....I can't find any......I get the Impression that dive shops would rather me pay them for a charter than give up any shore diving locations......Any info about shore dives in Dunedin, Clearwater, Tampa bay.....would be more than appreciated

My buddy just moved to area from Texas....He has done a lot of diving and has plenty of photos of his Texas dives.....I'm just starting to dive again after a 15 year break....neither one of us wants to pay $70 bucks for a boat ride and 2 tanks of air if there are shore dive sites in the area.....Whats the skinny on shore diving Clearwater, Tampa bay

none that i would recommend...especially this time of year, sharky and low vis.

once you get a few refreshers dives under your belt, come with us and take video while i shoot fish. i'll show you around to some nice ledges, reefs and wrecks. the diving around here is better than most know.

charlie

Sounds like a plan.....My buddy just bought a 42" inch spear gun.....We went snorkeling today around Dunedin causeway-Honeymoon Island.....trying to locate some deeper water....visibility was about 8 inches...lol

Came across this link a while ago. It's a map of reefs in Pinellas County area. Not sure of it's accuracy but it might help. I grew up in Tampa and Clearwater area but wasn't diving back then. Now I'm hitting quarries and lakes in TN. Hope this helps.

Map of Pinellas CountyArtificial Reefs

Try asking this on the Florida Conch Divers board.
You could also check Welcome to ShoreDiving.com!

I live in Dunedin FL....I've looked all over the net trying to find any shore dive sites in the area I live.....I can't find any......I get the Impression that dive shops would rather me pay them for a charter than give up any shore diving locations......Any info about shore dives in Dunedin, Clearwater, Tampa bay.....would be more than appreciated

Howard Park Underwater and cave

This is one of my favorite dive sights. If you do go to the cave you will need to exercise caution! everything else is relativly easy but the cave ads in 65' at the enterance. There is a sink that is about 20 to 30' depending on tides. Water clarity varies greatly depending on weather and currents. I have several other local dive spots as well. In pinellas county most are all shallow 10 to 20 foot howard park cave is the deepest. and requires the most caution. If you want to dive it take a rope and be ready as vis can drop rapidly and it would be very easy to get lost and at 65' with an overhead of rock enough said. the brdges on the other hand and just offshore it is just like the gulf without the boat ride and and less depth.

Back
Top Bottom