Shore Diving August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't gotten out into the water to look for this, but I've asked about it through several people and nobody says they know exactly where it is. Its possible they are keeping the site to themselves(who'd do that?!?), but I dunno. Easiest way to find it, assuming there is visible releif, would be to get towed underwater by a boat along the sandbars.

The Catherine and Sport are two beachable wrecks off the beaches of Ft Pickens, neither are viable options right now since the roads knocked out. The Catherine is likely covered anyway.

East you have Navarre Beach Pier.

West there is the Alabama Point Jetties/Seawall/ect. Gulf State Pier is being worked on(the new one next to the old one, lots of construction equipment). Whiskey is still divable, West Beach Paddlewheeler is covered, Pauls Shrimpboat is also covered.

Alot of our divesites are covered or unavailable at the moment.

There is another wreck in Navarre, but I think it may have moved or is covered. I need to find time to go look for it. I'll try to put a picture of it from Maps.live.com

Click on the link:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...ne=13232739&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1]Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible[/url]

Sounds like we have quite a few people going. If you're going to be out and see us stop by and say Hi.

There is another wreck in Navarre, but I think it may have moved or is covered. I need to find time to go look for it. I'll try to put a picture of it from Maps.live.com

Click on the link:

Web]Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible browser and Live Maps are incompatible[/url]

Is that even accessible by land? Looks like you have to come in Santa Rosa Blvd from Ft Walton, assuming you can pass though AFB land.

There's something else just a bit east, but only looks to be in 5' of water.

Is that even accessible by land? Looks like you have to come in Santa Rosa Blvd from Ft Walton, assuming you can pass though AFB land.

There's something else just a bit east, but only looks to be in 5' of water.

It's not walkable. It's like 5-6 Miles east of Navarre Beach. This is all Military property , but I think you can walk the beach. My plan if I can ever get to it, is to launch my Boat in the intercoastal at Navarre Beach, head east to my GPS cooridanates of the boats last know location, anchor my boat and then walk across the land to look for it. It looks like a great snorkel opportunity, and for a search and find mission makes more sense to try and snorkel it to begin with. I hope it hasn't washed up on the beach, but we'll see. One day I'll make it there.

Cookout's at 7ish Food will be bought when we know who's gonna be there.

Denise and Andy
Derrick and maybe wife and child
Halftime and daughter
cmu
Cmu's non diving friend and wife
xray maybe
Frank and group maybe

Just to reiterate one more time. I'll meet those going with me at the Shoreline Park boat ramp (I think that's the name) in Gulf Breeze behind the Gulf Breeze schools at 10:00AM. Bring only the gear you need. I will bring Derek a Regulator and 2 tanks, if you wnat to bring munchies I have a place to store them (Fridge). I'll bring one large cooler which we can try to put everyone drinks in, if someone can pick up one bag of ice! Denise? Since I've heard you're cold as ice...... ;-)

Well make it 3 bags of ice and some bottled water. I'm sure people will bring other stuff.

i just heard on the news that the jelly fish are sparse along the beach but really thick beyond the sand bars so be sure to bring a hood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom