Shore Diving August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not walkable. It's like 5-6 Miles east of Navarre Beach. This is all Military property , but I think you can walk the beach. My plan if I can ever get to it, is to launch my Boat in the intercoastal at Navarre Beach, head east to my GPS cooridanates of the boats last know location, anchor my boat and then walk across the land to look for it. It looks like a great snorkel opportunity, and for a search and find mission makes more sense to try and snorkel it to begin with. I hope it hasn't washed up on the beach, but we'll see. One day I'll make it there.

There's another one off Okaloosa Island very similar(if not the same) to that one too. Off military property, so you gotta get to it by boat. Hell, I'd like to get ontop it, seems to look like a nice little snorkel/shallow dive regardless.

Fort Morgan, over here in Alabama, has a civil war era wreck thats actually on the beach with ribs and spikes occassionally sticking out through the sand on dry beach(the beaches move over time).

Shipwreck624.sized.jpg

Agreed. It's on my short list, just waiting for a few less Jellies so a wetsuit isn't a requirment.

Oops I should've looked at this before I went shopping. 2 more divers + 2 teens means I'm expecting a minimum 13 people. Here's what I've bought/already got, or is already coming:

unlimited access to ice... I really do mean unlimited
24 pack water
16 hotdogs wit buns
12 pack pepsi
2 boxes pasta salad
a desert
homemade guacamole with chips and salsa
lettuce and tomatos for hamburgers (if we have them)

needed:
more meat
hamburger buns
beer
diet pop for the diet drinkers
plates, forks and knives

Looking good for tomorrow:

Saturday
North winds 10 to 15 knots becoming variable early in the afternoon...then becoming southwest around 10 knots late in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 3 feet. Bays and coastal waterways smooth to a light chop.

needed:
more meat
hamburger buns
beer
diet pop for the diet drinkers
plates, forks and knives

Stasia, I will call you as soon as we land (from outer space with Capt Xray :wink:) and you can let me know what else we need.

Capt Xray, it is a good thing I checked in. I have plotted a course via mapquest with the wrong boat launch. I now have directions to 1070 Shoreline Dr, Gulf Breeze, FL..If that is incorrect...Please Advise!!!

Capt Xray, it is a good thing I checked in. I have plotted a course via mapquest with the wrong boat launch. I now have directions to 1070 Shoreline Dr, Gulf Breeze, FL..If that is incorrect...Please Advise!!!

That's the correct park, but it seems on mapquest to be a bit off when viewing with the aerial view. Once you get to that location look for a large wooden gate access to a Park. You'll drive through a dog park first then down a hill, at the bottom of the hill you'll see the piers and boardwalks. The boat ramp is to the left! See you soon.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom