Shore diving near Clinton, CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

countryboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any good shore diving spots near Clintion CT?

I've run up to Stonington, New London, etc. but would love to find something a little closer... Rocky, lobster hangouts preferred.

Can you dive from Hamonassett? It is not listed on their site..
How about Old Saybrook? Any goo entries there?

Thanks in advance.

not to much access from clinton for a shore dive. I keep my boat over at Cedar Island Marina. have been contimplating running the inflatable over to the clinton breakwater for a little underwater site seeing. You might do Megs point over at Hammonasett. Cornfield point in old saybrook might offer some bug hunting but the currents rip there. Parking might also be an issue. Remember that Vis is always an issue anywhere in long island sound.

DWJ:
not to much access from clinton for a shore dive. I keep my boat over at Cedar Island Marina. have been contimplating running the inflatable over to the clinton breakwater for a little underwater site seeing. You might do Megs point over at Hammonasett. Cornfield point in old saybrook might offer some bug hunting but the currents rip there. Parking might also be an issue. Remember that Vis is always an issue anywhere in long island sound.

I am at Cedar Island Marina as well... Same thoughts.. Thinking of taken the inflatable to the breakwater...

What dock you on?

countryboy:
I am at Cedar Island Marina as well... Same thoughts.. Thinking of taken the inflatable to the breakwater...

What dock you on?

Small World isn't it.

"I" dock Slip 28 ( Mainship 390 ) "La Vita" what about you .

I'm going to be there all weekend, Stop by and say hello and have a cold one.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom