Shore diving near Exmouth / Ningaloo? (or liveaboard...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to dive Ningaloo in late June or early July. We're reasonably experienced divers (and both divemaster qualified) and after various experiences have realised that we greatly prefer shore diving. So far, I've had difficulty finding out whether there is any shore diving at Ningaloo. So a few questions:

1. Is it possible to shore dive at Ningaloo / Exmouth (besides Navy Pier; I mean sites where we could just go out on our own)? If so, any preferred sites?

2. Are there particular dive shops that will provide rental gear, tanks, and air fills for shore divers? I read somewhere about some divers who couldn't get air fills in Coral Bay, but I'm hoping Exmouth will be better.

3. If there's not much in the way of shore diving, does anyone have info about liveaboards out there? They come in at #2 on our favourite-ways-to-dive list.

Thanks so much! And feel free to add any other tips that might be useful (though I have already combed these forums and seen a lot of info there!).

Jenny

there is a member here who will give you the info on the dive shops and everything else pertaining to ningaloo nowdays sure she will reply soon

Last edited:
Hi Jenny,
We just returned from Ningaloo and spent 3 days on the liveaboard called the Shore Thing out of Coral Bay. Home - Sail Ningaloo - Sailing, Snorkeling & Diving Holidays, Ningaloo Reef
There were only 5 guests on the boat and we had 1 or 2 dives per day and a late afternoon snorkel. We saw heaps of mantas and sharks. The owners of the boat are Luke and Lannie and they were the crew along with a dive master, Travis. The whole operation is top-notch, the food fantastic, and the catamaran is comfortable.
_DSC1916.jpg
It was a wonderful experience.

Thanks for the info! We decided to postpone our trip, but I think when we do go we will likely go out on the liveaboard. Still curious to hear if there's any good shore diving in the area as well!

Yes there is its a fringing reef so the reef is right there a few steps off the shore - its just having a 4WD to get to the best bits :wink:

Just back from Ningaloo...check out answer to other thread re Ningaloo...

So sorry I didn't get here in time. I have been traveling and mostly away from the net for a couple of months. Let me know if I can help - I'm back online for a couple of months now and you can always email me instead spicylimephoto@gmail.com :)

Surprisingly, there isn't a whole lot of great shore diving here unless you really like to swim. The reef that comes in super close is also super shallow, so excellent snorkeling but I wouldn't bother to drag my dive gear. There are some great dives from shore that are good, long swims but they are also all accessible by boat and I'm far too lazy to swim it LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom