Shore diving Plymouth Ma. 5/19/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triplecove

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
FYI for those South Eastern Massachusetts divers. The Bugs are back! We had a great albeit shallow dive at low tide on Sunday in Plymouth. The vis was great at least 30+feet the temp was 54@20' and there seemed to be a keeper under every rock! Great 1st Ocean dive of the season.

FYI for those South Eastern Massachusetts divers. The Bugs are back! We had a great albeit shallow dive at low tide on Sunday in Plymouth. The vis was great at least 30+feet the temp was 54@20' and there seemed to be a keeper under every rock! Great 1st Ocean dive of the season.

Good to hear that they are starting to come back! Last weekend in Boston and Cape Ann there were a few small bugs but no keepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a hell of a swim to get to deep enough water I should have saved my air until I got to at least 20 foot depth, I would have got a lot more bugs than I did:wink:

Vis was definitely up this weekend. We did a class at Niles on Saturday and Back Beach on Sunday. 30-35' in spots when the students weren't kicking up the bottom :D

Good to hear.....now if the wind stays down from the north...we will keep that vis

Lets hope so!

Very interested in how much terrain has changed. I know a lot of sand moved in from the winter storms where there used to be rocks.
Are you diving from Ellisville state park? Or further north off Center Hill Pond Beach? Just curious if there are easier access points without long walks to water.

Back
Top Bottom