Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkpix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone heard of any good shore diving? We need easy entries. We know about the 1 at Fantasy Island and the Reef House. Are there any others?

YES! The shore diving at Media Luna Resort is great. The resort is situated on "Half Moon Bay", and the namesake dive site "Half Moon Bay Wall" is the house shore dive. We've spotted resident seahorses, frogfish and batfish...NEVER a boring shore dive!

I believe you said, "easy entries". There is indeed a stand out in that category, none close to the ease of this. CCV is far and away easier than the one you already knew about, FIBR. There's even a rack at CCV to stash your cane at the shore....

Mandy's eel garden off of Infinity Bays dock in west Bay is easy entry and a great dive. The down side is getting your gear from your parking spot to the beach and back

Mandy's eel garden off of Infinity Bays dock in west Bay is easy entry and a great dive. The down side is getting your gear from your parking spot to the beach and back

Tank rentals from Infinity Bay Resort (IB) are about $22 per shore dive.

My Wife and I spent two weeks on Roatan last May, spending our first week at Anthony's Key Resort (20 dives) and the second week at IB (8 dives, including 2 shore dives). We really enjoyed the IB shore dives to Mandy's Eel Garden. The swim out to the wall above the eel garden is about 250 yards (google earth). Once at the wall (there is a buoy) you can drop all the way down to the eel garden at 90'. From there you can follow the wall in either direction. After exploring the eel garden and wall we slowly made our way back towards the resort in shallower water (25' on resort side of wall). Our dive times were approximately 70 minutes.

Are you asking about Utila too? There is good shore dive right opposite the Deep Blue/Laguna Beach resorts, an easy swim to the wall 100+ ft deep. DBR is out of business, I've red here but LBR should be working.

On Utila, there is a very good shore dive in front of Utopia Village Resort (with an easy entry from the dock) - unlimited shore diving included in diver package.

DJI_0013.jpg

Here is a TripAdvisor review that mentions the shore dive: An excerpt below: "
Shore diving is incredible! The reef is right there!!!! Once you enter the water the beauty is remarkable. A 100 foot (???) swim brings you to the wall that drops down to 120 feet. The shore diving is so good, you almost don’t have to go on the boat 
Utopia has a brand new dock to make entrance into the water effortless, and exiting the water is by a set of stairs back onto the dock. The dock has solar lights to light the walkway at night and there are lights below the surface of the water to guide your way back to shore during night dives. The lights are also a cool place to sit and watch the tarpon and sharks swimming below. For shore dives, my husband was given the larger sized tank to use as he goes through so much more air than I do. Most dives were over 1 hour! We did a guided night dive, a couple of night dives on our own, and also an early morning dawn dive, that our divemaster Chris accompanied us on even though it was his day off!!!!

Beyond incredible!!!!!!!! - Review of Utopia Village, Utila, Honduras - TripAdvisor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom