Short CSSP report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Water temp at 72. The lake is 8 feet low. Thermal is still deep. Vis is the worst I have seen it all year, but the lack of sun didn't help. It wasn't because of students except around cicso.

I saw Thomas on Sat (thanks for stopping by)

This dive was almost exactly 15 years since I was first certified (10/12/1991).

Saturday was a really nice night to camp.

Rained on Sunday.

TwoBit

It was good to see you there, we've got to get you out there for more fun dives.

I noticed the same temps, and the vis wasn't any better on the north end. I did 2 dives, one for 69 minutes, the other for an hour, then gave it up because I was getting cold in my 3mm. Looks like it's time for me to park the 3mm for the season, but I'm hoping to get a few more in before it gets too darned cold to dive wet. Maybe this rain the last couple of days will help with the vis a little....

We had a small group out there today. Viz was like 5-10ft or so, sometimes worse. Temps ranged from 66-68 degrees, but were more comfortable than I expected.

It was good diving with you, Rex!

Sunday afternoon (10-22-06) we dove the North end of CSSP. Had one nice dive at about 3 pm and the temp was 71 at the surface and at 40 feet. Second dive was at 4:45 pm and it was pretty dark at 40 feet. The temp was 69 at the surface and also at 40 feet. No thermo cline is pretty nice! The outside air temp ranged between 59 and 65 while we were there.

The sun was out and so was the wind. We brought full-length windbreakers and they worked really well for between dives- we did not even have to take off our wetsuits.
I think we'll be there next weekend as well. It is nice to live in Texas and still be able to wear a 3mm this time of year!

Anyone have a temp report for earlier in the day?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom