Short Freediving Video finished...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoyed this. Just a bit of food for thought: I often wonder why most of us don't seem to trust their scenery, and just let the camera watch quietly, without moving. I see so many zooms and pans and all and wonder why no one seems to have the patience to sit still. Your video is most enjoyable when it is slow, the diver most impressive where he moves through the image and the camera doesn't follow - there's enough motion already in all these fantastic light ripples. I think less is more. Have you ever seen "Riverglass" by Andrej Zdravic? The whole film is just the river moving, never the camera at all, if I remember right, just the river, some bubbles, a few leaves ... breathtaking and inspirational.

The ripples, and the scenes where the surface reflects the bottom in a mirrored horizon, that's what I liked most. And it's great how the diver brings scale and a sense of time into the composition.

All the best!
two.crows

I am dying to see this and cannot get it to load.

thanks!

Nice choice of music too.

I’m pretty impressed with the beauty and clarity of the water. Lovely diving, fluid grace. I just got out of the water and feel like clunker after watching this.

Thanks for the kudos - I'm going to be shooting more while freediving this coming year - I have some things in the works and I'll keep you apprised as they progress.

And a belated Happy New year to all here on Scuba Board... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom