Short Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finluca

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it worth flying from Las Vegas to Cozumel for a three day trip? We're looking at going for President's Day weekend and Continental has a flight that gets in at 11:30 on Saturday. We would fly out on Monday at 3:00 so we could possibly get 4 dives in.

One day of diving? I wouldn't, but it's really your call totally.

Is it worth flying from Las Vegas to Cozumel for a three day trip? We're looking at going for President's Day weekend and Continental has a flight that gets in at 11:30 on Saturday. We would fly out on Monday at 3:00 so we could possibly get 4 dives in.

Probally not a lot of diving.

Cozumel can be a great time and it is a short plane ride. I not sure there would a faster tropical dive trip you could do from Vegas.

What the hell, go for it!

Good Diving,

Dave

The Air time from Las Vegas is a bit longer than from my homebase of Austin, HOWEVER, as far as if you should go to Cozumel for ONLY a 3 day trip....YES !!! DH and I took off on a spur of the moment trip 2 days after all the relatives left to go home after our son's wedding in June. We had three days of diving and it was wonderful ! Go, enjoy, have a great time ! Sue Sue

That's exactly what I was looking for Dave, the closest tropical place. We would be there for three days but it would actually only be about one day of diving. We could do two dives on Saturday afternoon and two dives Sunday morning.

You'd be hard pushed to get much diving done the Saturday you get there. Maybe a shore, check-out dive. You could get 4 dives in Sunday well before the 18 hour countdown to wheelsup return. 4 dives the day before flying is pushing it, but you could do Nitrox on the deeper ones - it'd help some.

It's further than for me, tho, two planes each way - and I wouldn't. I'd be more inclined to do the one flight to LA and spend the day diving Catalina.

3 day trip with 1 day of diving?

Man, that ain't enough time to lick your lips!

I decided not to go.
:pilot: Fly to LAX, do a day boat to Catalina - 5 dives. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom