Should I get the Mares warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyscience

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok I bought a few regulators from LeisurePro several months ago and have yet to use them.

It seems to state in the warranty that it must be from an authorized dealer, does anyone know if LP is an authorized dealer & they will honor the warranties?

Also I don't even know if I will be able to scuba dive in the next year so they're going to stay brand new... there is no need to have them get the annual inspection is there? Even if only used once or twice in a year is the warranty even worth the extra money needed to put into the yearly maintenance? It might be cheaper just to keep it maintained as needed instead of trying to stay within their warranty requirements which seems to cost a fee by taking it to a Mares dealer for maintenance if I'm not going to be diving that often?

Ok I bought a few regulators from LeisurePro several months ago and have yet to use them.

It seems to state in the warranty that it must be from an authorized dealer, does anyone know if LP is an authorized dealer & they will honor the warranties?

Also I don't even know if I will be able to scuba dive in the next year so they're going to stay brand new... there is no need to have them get the annual inspection is there? Even if only used once or twice in a year is the warranty even worth the extra money needed to put into the yearly maintenance? It might be cheaper just to keep it maintained as needed instead of trying to stay within their warranty requirements which seems to cost a fee by taking it to a Mares dealer for maintenance if I'm not going to be diving that often?

It depends where you dive them and how you clean them.
Say if you dive them once in salt water and then do not soak them you might end up with some of the parts stuck.
If you take proper care the reg will likely work fine , the second stage though might leak if the seat breaks in - so you might need to adjust it. In any case with that amount of diving the parts for life thing might not be worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom