Should I move to Chicago?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello:

Im from DC area and will be changing jobs soon (hopefully). As a diver it has been a frustrating 6 years in DC area which really has no diving. I am hoping to move to an area which would offer more weekend diving opportunities. At the moment, the closest dive for me worth a drive is North Carolina which is a good 6 - 7 hours away.

Recently a job was advertised in Chicago area which matches my resume. I was wondering what kind of local diving opportunities are there in the area. I have different views. From some I have heard Great Lakes area that is accessible from Chicago has some very nice historic wrecks. Others have said that Chicago is no place to consider if you want to do local diving.

Thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I love cold water! Ever since I got myself a drysuit I have not gone to any tropical dive site. Cold water no problem.

I moved to Chicago two and a half years ago, and I've been enjoying the local diving. Good wrecks out there, plus quarry for practice/getting wet. Also took a weekend trip to Bonne Terre Mine once, and that was neat too. Check out Chicago Scuba Meetup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom