Should I pull the trigger on a cheap OCi or wait for a Teric?

What would you do?

• Oceanic OCi

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Shearwater Teric

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Resist the urge, no need for another PDC

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offfi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks,

I found someone who would sell me an Oceanic OCi in "like new" condition for around 250 bucks.
I'm currently diving an Atom 1.0, which I like best of all the other PDCs (around ten) I own.
Also, I could use the transmitter for OCi or Teric, as far as I know.

Now the thing is, I had sworn I wouldn't buy any other PDC but the absolute perfect one.
At the moment, the Teric would come close to my definition of "perfect", if it wasn't that expensive.
I definitely don't "need" another PDC. The OCi is just a bargain IMO. ;-)

What should I do?

Offfi: There is no perfect one because it all depends on what you want it for and expect from it. Technology will keep improving our stuff. Having said that the Teric is a fantastic computer and if you can come up with the funds, go for it. I have the Perdix AI and love it but seen the video on youtube by Shearwater and it made me salivate.

Video

and another beautiful one.

Last edited:
If you really want the Teric save up for it.

If you dont buy that OCI I will buy it :)

Offfi: There is no perfect one because it all depends on what you want it for and expect from it. Technology will keep improving our stuff. Having said that the Teric is a fantastic computer and if you can come up with the funds, go for it. I have the Perdix AI and love it but seen the video on youtube by Shearwater and it made me salivate.

Video

and another beautiful one.
Wouldn't it be nice to have the Teric as your primary with a Perdix AI backup or vice versa. :)

Cheers -

Hi @offfi

Do you need anything your Atom does not do? I dive an 8 year old VT3 that does everything I need. I've been watching new computers for some time, knowing my VT3 will die someday. Since I began watching, the Perdix AI and the Teric have come out. When I finally need a new computer, I can get one. Like you, I already have the transmitter. Who knows, maybe Shearwater will fix GTR and catch up with our old Oceanic computers:) Perhaps they will also include an auto-calculate for RMV in the download. Being able to wait can be an advantage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom