SHOULD I SEE ALL 3 ABC's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First trip to Bonaire for us as well. We are staying at the Plaza Resort, I don't Know much about it though. Except It looks nice on google earth.

122 days

Ok, I know the local airlines are on Island Time and I should work within that thinking but I'M STRESSING OUT MAN!:monkeydan I have half of my interisland flights booked and paid for, and the the other half booked with a confirmation number but they haven't charged me yet (OK, so I'm not going until June so there is time). I sent 2 or maybe 3 emails asking for them to bill me and now I'm afraid if I get too pushy the reservations will be cancelled or "lost". I can't help it, I'm stucK on city time and city thinking. Should I just kick back and let things happen in their own time or try to email again?

So should I stess or relax? Sometimes I do both at the same time.

If it's divi divi you are talking about don't worry. I made reservations and paid at the airport. Make sure you try to sit in the co-pilot seat... they are the coolest airline ever :D.

I just got back from my own ABC trip. If I did it again I'd skip the diving on Aruba. The Antilla is great but the reefs were not. Curacao and Bonaire are similar and I could spend a full 2 weeks on either of them. If you want to dive 4-5 times a day every day then go to Bonaire. If you want other things to do then Curacao is the way to go.

We're flying DAE. I've surrendered to their laid back ways and trust that my reservations will be there. The main concern is my friends BON-CUR flight so they make it back in time for their flight home that day.

We will dive 2 or maybe 3 times on Aruba and spend the rest of the time with our feet in the sand "unwinding" from Bonaire and Curacao:D. I think a few choice wrecks will be the way to go.

It will be interesting to hear your opinion when you return.

IMHO, Curacao offers the most variety in landscape, culture, and diving. Make sure you get out to the west end of the island for a day. You can drive and dive out of playa kalki (Alice in Wonderland) or take a boat ride with the onsite Op (Ocean Encounters West). They can take you to Watamula and Mushroom Forest. Eat at Jaanchies while in Westpunt.

Have an outstanding vacation!

We are finally booked for all three of the ABC's!! Thanks for everyones help so far especially DOGENIA and DVRLIZ1. The flights are booked and so are the places we are staying. If anyone has experience with the places below let me know what to expect. Thanks again!

The Verandas- 4 nights in Curacao

Amsterdam Manor- 3 nights in Aruba

Now to book the truck for each island. I can't wait until June!!!:fish::scubadive

In Aruba, we stayed at the Amsterdam Manor and really enjoyed the facilities. Our room had a small kitchenette, which allowed us to cook some of our own meals to save money. They have a great happy hour, jammin music, and relaxing atmosphere.

In Curacao, the Las Verandas are small and quaint, but should fit your needs. Don't expect too much in amenities and you'll be happy. But you are missing one of the best Villa's located in the same complex of Coral Estate, Flamingo Villa, Curacao Villa Rental - Welcome. This villa can accommodate 2-12 persons in the lap of luxury.

Have fun on your trip.

Flamingo Villa looks nice. We have already paid our deposits for the Verandas. When I searched for places to stay the Flamingo never came up. You may want to see how the web page is accessed to make it more prominent in searches.

DiveDoggie- Thanks for the tips. We will try the West end diving. Our plan is to dive as many different locations as possible to get a real feel for the overall diving. We went to St. Croix last year and dove Cane Bay the entire week. I regret not trying the other sites, espcially the pier. I guess I'll have to go back now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom