Should I service my octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a bad idea in a case like this.

Don't service the octo this year.

Replace it with an Atomic octo or SS1 next year when you have the Atomic serviced.

Then both will be on the same every other year/300 dives service schedule after that.

Sounds like a good idea. Atomic Octo is not a cheap one (I think its 250) but I think it would be a good long term investment.

Thanks

In defense of good service techs everywhere, anything that comes in to a good service facility should get completely disassembled and cleaned, all the parts that come in the factory service kit should be changed, as well as any others that are damaged. The reg is then reassembled tested and adjusted.

Even ignoring parts cost, this takes a lot longer than 5 minutes.

Terry

The beauty of the internet. Two sides, and generally the truth lies in-between! :D

I've viewed the inside of my octo, it's impossibly simple. BUT, it took me longer than 5 minutes to take it apart, and reassemble it, so you have a good point. :D

Which AL octo did you service? Any hints on working with the ABS (flat-style) octo? I've got a couple of those in my dive closet that are probably in need of an overhaul...

Conshelf 21/SEA Octo I picked up off Ebay.

The beauty of the internet. Two sides, and generally the truth lies in-between! :D

I've viewed the inside of my octo, it's impossibly simple. BUT, it took me longer than 5 minutes to take it apart, and reassemble it, so you have a good point. :D

After the first dozen or so it gets a lot easier. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom