Should we have a fixed rotation of locations for Wrinkles Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
What an awesome group of local divers with great ideas! Christian, I think you're doing an incredible job coaxing us to flow together while honoring all the ideas offered...thanks!:luxhello:
See y'all on the 29th, and every other '05 Wrinkles dive I can possibly get to...
HURRAY for Synchronicity...and Captain Spaulding!!!
Claudette
Thanks Claudette! I'm trying to step back and let people discuss this. I imagine that the discussion will pick up a bit after the New Year's celebrations and hang over remedies are done. :11:

And yes HURRAY for Synchronicity... and Captain Spaulding (the african explorer)!!! I thought I saw the signs of a little dementia. Better listen to the Doctor! :crafty:

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Christian

I've just updated the numbers in my first post to reflect two divers added to the SoCal Roll Call for San Diego County.

Christian

Probably a day late and dollar short, but...

I think rotating sites sounds pretty cool. I personally think I could attend more given "closer to home" options (not trying to sound like a whiner, since I am fairly new to board and haven't been able to attend yet). It seems like a great opportunity to explore new sites in different areas, especially when diving with the sites local "experts". Just my two cents.

rossjc:
Probably a day late and dollar short, but...

I think rotating sites sounds pretty cool. I personally think I could attend more given "closer to home" options (not trying to sound like a whiner, since I am fairly new to board and haven't been able to attend yet). It seems like a great opportunity to explore new sites in different areas, especially when diving with the sites local "experts". Just my two cents.
You're not late. Actually you may be early. Your opinion is definitely appreciated.

Now that New Year's Day is behind us, I think people will have more time to voice their opinions.

January 29th is just a few weeks away. Once we decide whether or not we will be using a rotating schedule and if so, what those regions will be, we can pick a specific location within that region for that dive. So, even if people can't make it for this month's dive, I hope they participate in the process of deciding these overall issues which will help us plan these dives year round.

Thanks for your input.

Christian

Rotating sites: Good. Simple. No fuss, no muss. Like the Sandeaters have. You formulate the list at the beginning of the year, by a fixed rotation, and post it. Everyone knows months in advance where the dive is, so you can plan. If you can't make it, no biggie. Doesn't mean you can't dive that weekend. Just not with all the cool people. :D

Also, a fixed calendar of rotating sites takes the pressure off the organizer, so he/she doesn't have to herd cats every month. Of course I mean that in the best possible sense... :D

Location doesn't matter to me. Santa Barbara is great. Myrna and I are already planning to go camping and diving in Santa Barbara as soon as we can. As long as I get to dive with my man SBDiver, that is. San Diego is fine too. Mexico is finer. Hell, everything is a long drive for me. I know going in that I'm not going to make every dive, either because of distance or other commitments or weather or whatever. That's fine, I'll just make the next one.

Hi all. I'm new to this but am interested in these Wrinkles dives. I'll be at the SOCDS meeting this wednesday to take a look around (and hopefully join). Anyway how does this all work? :06: Any info on the dives and on how this board works would help. Thanks and I look forward to meeting all of you.

ScubaRich:
Hi all. I'm new to this but am interested in these Wrinkles dives. I'll be at the SOCDS meeting this wednesday to take a look around (and hopefully join). Anyway how does this all work? :06: Any info on the dives and on how this board works would help. Thanks and I look forward to meeting all of you.
Welcome to the board Rich!

The Wrinkles dives are open to everyone and take place once a month. It looks like this month it will be January 29th and from what I see people saying in this and the other thread it will be in San Diego County. I'm guessing La Jolla when all is said and done.

In the next couple of days you'll see a new thread replace this one for all of the specifics of this months dive and BBQ.

We look forward to meeting you.

Christian

OK, I have not seen anyone post against a fixed rotating schedule, so I think it is safe to assume that everyone is in favor of this.

The only thing that does not seem to have been decided is how far north to go. I think that this can be decided over the next few months.

The other thread seems to support starting again this month in San Diego County.

So, here is what I propose for your input.

January - San Diego County
February - Orange County
March - Catalina Island
April - Los Angeles/Ventura County (between Palos Verdes and Leo Carrillo)
May - Santa Barbara County
May - Decide whether to go to San Luis Obispo (SLO), start again in San Diego, of insert a boat dive.

I spoke to one of our SLO members and he seems to think that it's not worth planning to dive in SLO because the vis is usually very bad. He says he prefers to dive by going south. I'm just inserting this here for input.

Knowing what county we will be in, we can decide on the exact date and location for each of these dives each month.

If no one objects to this as a plan that we can modify as we go, we can put up the planning thread for the January Wrinkles Dive and BBQ to replace this.

Let me know what you think.

Christian

ScubaRich:

Hey Rich,
welcome to the board! Ann Marie and I are both members of the SOCDC. Say hi to me at the meeting on Wednesday. We are carpooling down to the wrinkles' dive. You can also join the SCD dives every Saturday. We meet at Laguna Hills Mall at 7:30 am to dive Laguna. :scubadive:

L

scubalaurel:
Hey Rich,
welcome to the board! Ann Marie and I are both members of the SOCDC. Say hi to me at the meeting on Wednesday. We are carpooling down to the wrinkles' dive. You can also join the SCD dives every Saturday. We meet at Laguna Hills Mall at 7:30 am to dive Laguna. :scubadive:

L

Thank you! I look forward to meeting you and the others Wednesday. Everyone seems so friendly and open to new people diving, it's great. Talk to you at the SOCDC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom