Shout out to BARE customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve858

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been meaning to give the people at BARE/Huish outdoors big props for taking great care of me. I have read a few reviews on here that make it sound as though BARE is an inferior product and likewise has poor service. That is all a bunch of crap!!! I purchase my Bare Trilam Techdry back in October of 2016. Everything about this suit is quality. It fits me like a custom suit despite the fact that it's just an XL that I had the legs extended an 1" from the factory. I am 6'3" 200lbs. The material is like nothing I have seen on the boats here in socal. DUI suits either look like kite material or they look overly heavy duty, USIA suits are extremely heavy duty but again look a little overkill, and the BARE is stylish, flexible, strong, quick drying, and lightweight. However, I did have a defective Zipper (very tiny leak from docking port, YKK said it was the teeth after looking at a pic). I tried several times to clean and use different lube to no avail. I was in constant contact with BARE between dives and they were always friendly professional and willing to send me a return label for repair without question. I wanted to make sure to not waste their time so I tried various tips given to me from the guys in the US as well as their drysuit tech Sandy up in Canada (who even gave me his personal number). I eventually made the call for the return label and it was in my email before the call was over. I heard it was going to take a long time from reviews on here especially because a zipper is a "bigger" job. I had my suit back in no more than 2 weeks and it is dry as can be!! I was blown away by my experience and look forward to diving this suit for many years. THANK YOU BARE!!!

Attachments

• 20170706_171203_001.jpg
    20170706_171203_001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 44
My wife had a wetsuit that had a zipper tab come off. There was now way to fix that so they sent a replacement wetsuit without a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom