Show me your mount!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are my DIY-rig. Made of 20mm electrical pipes, handles from alpine poles and some strips. Have just made it an will try it soon...
Lights are one Dragonsub Snake8 LED with diffuser, and a smaller LED lamp.
Hope to get a lamp with videoreflector soon. And yes, there is a GR-filter from www.magic-filters.com inside the UV-housing.
Links to a video taken _before_ i made the rig and got the GR-filter here: https://vimeo.com/45357466

DIY_rig_GoPro_front_LQ (1024x768).jpgDIY_rig_GoPro_side_LQ (1024x768).jpg

Pardon the crappy cell photo but this is my setup at the moment:
i-4rbBhzB-XL.jpg

My buddy has a machine shop and is fabbing up a billet aluminum piece to go into the Sea Life handle, where the strobe goes. It'll then use a scope ring to mount my Intova Imini :)

Here it is.

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Here it is.
was actually thinking about doing something similar. you have any videos posted that i could take a look at? see how it looks in use?

Here's my budget rig - Loc-line arms, Tovatec Iminis, room for both GoPro Hero2 and my Canon SD1000. First real dive will be next weekend off the SC coast

IMG_0575.jpg

great ideas from lots of folks in this thread, especially PAFirefighter - Thanks All

Last edited:
Here's my mount. I'm using an Intova "Slim" tray, the smallest, lightest and cheapest I could find - and I ended up liking it a lot, costs $49 on LeisurePro. You can add an extra arm if needed. The light is an "iTorch", but not wide or powerful enough - that's what I had laying around, I will eventually get another with more power and a diffuser. This one costs about $50 at LeisurePro. Lanyard picked up at Home Depot for about $2. Anti-fog inserts are "FogFree" brand, costs $9 on eBay. Filter is a prototype, in development. Missing in the picture is the rubber band to keep the latch locked. That's my whole setup, costs less than $120, excluding housing and camera itself.

crop_4521.JPG

It is pretty small and light, fits in a backpack full of other junk as carry-on. The arm folds over the camera to make it even smaller. The lanyard can be double attached to my BCDs D-ring for entry and coming back.

I'm going on my first Liveaboard on the GBR in November and wanted something easy and relatively cheap as I'm just a newbie and want to capture the experience, I found these on Kickstarter even though it wasn't funded ordered one anyway.

Go Pro Holder by Dustin Venegas — Kickstarter

Currently waiting for it to arrive and then rig up a simple cold shoe adapter mount and stick a basic light up the top. I figure it should be enough to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom