Show off your Bp/W rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All,

I know the big advantage to BP/W is the ability to customize it to the diver's needs. Just curious if Bp/W divers out there would mind posting pics of their rigs, and perhaps a description of where they put what and reasons behind it. Also information about the type of diving their particular rigs are assembled for would be beneficial

I'm hoping that after viewing a few time-tested rigs, that others and myself may avoid potential pitfalls of having the least ergonomic gear/item placement on their bp/w, as well as share concepts/ideas on bp/w confirgurations.

Thanks,

Bob

Don't have a direct photo of what I have but it's basically the Halcyon Eclipse system w/ Cinch recently upgraded. More less Standard Configuration. 2 chest D-rings to clip off various things long hose 2nd Stage, Can light head right side, Back-up light (2) 1 each side, Left hip D-Ring used for Pony to be clipped luxfer Aluminum 40, Canister goes on right side followed by belt buckle to hold in place, Left hip ring for Pony. Back D-Ring to clip off SMB stowed in BP/W pocket. Front D-Ring used for scooter when i get it.

10-Eclipse-System_c400.jpg

I'm hoping that after viewing a few time-tested rigs, that others and myself may avoid potential pitfalls of having the least ergonomic gear/item placement on their bp/w, as well as share concepts/ideas on bp/w confirgurations.

Well, some would suggest that won't be a problem if you Do It Right the first time...

10.310.040-2.jpg

:eyebrow:

Well some folks may like pockets, different ways of rigging spare flashlights/other goodies, stowing reels, etc. ;-)

Well, some would suggest that won't be a problem if you Do It Right the first time...

10.310.040-2.jpg

:eyebrow:

for me I too like Pockets. I got 2 Large zippered onto my Drysuit. I used to have 2 weight pockets on my BC never used finally took them offI have the added 6lb adapter and use trim pockets, Spare flashlights for me are best clipped off 1 to each chest D-Ring and then rubber band around light head to hold it in place securely. I have not yet used a reel. I do have a little finger spool that I would stow in one of my pockets.

But for someone without pockets on a Suit and if they had the avilable space ont there unit would be a good Idea.

Last edited:
Halcyon Eclipse system - I love it. I actually installed the cinch system, but I never got the hang of it so I took it off.

Light clipped to the right chest D-ring (secured with rubber band to harness as mentioned above), weight pockets (I still need a few pounds, even with the tank channel insert), SPG clipped to a D ring on the left weight pocket (tried it back on the hip, but this seems better being a bit further forward). Shears in a pocket on the waist webbing between the left weight pocket and the buckle. Small knife sheath attached to the right weight pocket. Right waist D ring gets my camera tether. 30 cf pony slung between my left chest D-ring and the waist. Pocket on the dry suit for my SMB and spool, computer on the wrist (wireless Vyper air).

Halcyon Steel plate with Cinch system. Wings are H Eclipse 40lb single & H Evolve 60lb for my doubles. All my tanks are Faber (steel) 2X 12liter shorts & 2X 15liter, valves and manifolds are DIR Zone. Regs on doubles are Apeks DS4 with XTX50, might change to S600, SPG is DIR Zone. I use SP MK25/S600 on my single setup. All primary second stages have 7ft miflex hoses.

I also use my Suunto AI transmitter on all setups, I have a D9 & Helo2

doubles.jpg

Last edited:
Halcyon Eclipse 30# and Evolve 40#, standard GUE configuration. I have a Benchmade hook knife on my belt instead of the sawed off steak knife.

I don't have a pic handy, but my system is called a HalcApek; half Apeks with Halcyon add-ons. Added the Halcyon MCA pack and the convertible STA to the Apeks single tank system. Has worked great for me the past 5 years

Jeez, what is this, a H fest? :D

I have one BP that's unusual, the jet harness flat SS plate, with a DR travel wing. It's actually an excellent single tank set up; the guy went out of business. I also have an AL freedom plate which I originally bought for doublehose use, but I end up using it most of the time when I'm diving with steel tanks, and a hammerhead AL plate w/DR rec wing for doubles. The DR wings I was able to find at very nice prices; I think they're okay wings, not the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom