Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow I think the link may have actually worked. I have the dc500. I hope I have worked out my strobe problems.

Was reading throug this thread and thought I would post some pics from last fall.

Using my new DC600 and a digital Flash taken in Bahamas on my last Blackbeards trip.

Very nice pics. I love the first one. Looks like he was hungry.

Here are my photos from this weekend. We went diving at El Matador State beach in Malibu, Hope you like. I have land photos of the hike :) We had aprx 1 to 2 ft vis and at one point it opened up to 5 ft. So i was suprized i got some photos hope you enjoy. Not to mention the what felt like 10ft surge :D

Nice Little Lobster
c58a351c.jpg

A Spounge of Some Sort
dcfb6f34.jpg

A Giant Spined Star
91b1134d.jpg

Another Starfish
e560ea7d.jpg

My Attempt at a Wide Angle with Verry Low Visibility
3cf3e708.jpg

Gargonian Up Close
868d0c7a.jpg

Anemone
2b763583.jpg

Some Sorted Stuff
50b0cf50.jpg

Finaly The Long Walk Up!

First Set of Stairs
a8008d69.jpg

Path Between Stairs
989a78b8.jpg

Second Set of Stairs
60eb3e57.jpg

Final Hill
068990ed.jpg

Hope this is not to big of a post.

July 18th 2008
Lake Pleasant, Arizona
Shore dive, Just West of the 10-boat ramp at the South end of the lake.
Overcast ,Mid morning dives

Sealife DC800 (finally got it wet!)
Lake setting (no flash)
One notch (4 stars?) down from maximum (5 star?) picture setting.

l_173d45f283dd46f1a6fa30c0e0f4fc5a.jpg

My dive buddy Dave found a pair sun glasses.

l_3c46bb004730af4e647a0c3d219689d5.jpg

The green glow adds to the strange feeling when your on dives here.

l_bae1ed4f1d83b7a633701d39595574f9.jpg

More pictures of the haunted woods (25+/- feet below the surface)

l_511d957e5cc4c72dbfed4be63b31efbc.jpg

Meeting the locals, we saw a couple of good sized fish. This guy was about 15" +/-
Mostly it was little guys only about 2-3 inches in length.

l_ef7e61c25b46ec728f352ca7fb4f2168.jpg

The lighting effect and the rocks... It looks cool, sort of like a green Mars.

l_120daf44337f37616a38a8e8cd932212.jpg

Things fade out so quickly here, its a green fog and your floating like a ghost in it.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, the vis was pretty low. It might have been 10-15 in the good places, less then 3 feet in most. You had less then a foot once you hit the thermal layer at 30 feet. We hit one or two patches of shallow water that were in the 90s, it was pretty clear vis in the small pocket of hot water.

All of these shots were taken with available ambient light only...

KLEPPTA................

Awesome pics. There is hope for me yet. I purchased the DC600 in March and used it in the Caymans but no pics with the clarity you have here. Did you use dual strobes?

Thanks for the tips!! I tried it again this past weekend without the flash and had better luck. Here are a few pictures. (I have to turn off the date feature)

-Mike-

Attachments

• Louise28.JPG
    Louise28.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Louise48.JPG
    Louise48.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Louise54.JPG
    Louise54.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 59
I have some picks but I do not know how to post them on here. Any help? I have them on my puter in a file.. I never done this yet. I got a new camara and wanted to share pick..
B

There are a few ways of doing this... I prefer using a picture hosting site like Flickr and upload your pictures there. After that's done you can copy the url of the picture from the site you used and paste it in a post here in SB using the handy dandy "insert image" icon. (The yellow icon with the two mountains and sun)

You can also use the SB picture gallery to do the same, but my success using the SB gallery has been spotty! YMMV.

Good luck

Single strobe.

They have had the red added back in in Photoshop though. The methond I use (after try a few different ones) is fairly lengthy but can be set up as a macro...it works really well.

I usually run macro on a batch of files then decide which ones need the red and which ones don 't...it saves time in the long run since most need alot of red to be added back.

KLEPPTA................

Awesome pics. There is hope for me yet. I purchased the DC600 in March and used it in the Caymans but no pics with the clarity you have here. Did you use dual strobes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom