Shower Shelter @ BS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Shower Shelter at BS

In fact, the rumor is true that there will be a shower shelter at BS. They argue that they will run hot/cold water (ground water) though. Let’s see how it goes. I am not sure when it will be done because it doesn’t seem like they have any set up plan in their calendar.

I was told that they will build the beach this winter. Yeah they used to have at least 40 divers every weekend ($20 X 40 = 800). It will be interesting to see some swimmers from next year at BS.

Now you can figure out why they will build the shower facility. :rofl3:

Check out the new shower shelter. I hope their ground water is better than spring water.

IMG_02331.JPG

IMG_02351.JPG

Looks like they are slowly putting things together. Did you happen to ask what they are going to charge for a shower?
They will probably tap into a well for water. Well water can be ok but is sure isn't like city water.

So divers will be competing with swimmers for the shallow end..where most everything is at. Could be really interesting next year.

So I take it that the loss of diver income is pushing them into opening a drunken swimming hole for local kids?

It is a ground water, not Tap water... I might collect the water sample and sneak to the Lab in IU to make sure of their water quality. :wink:

I think that the Hidden Paradise is accepting the swimmers. So, they might think why not?

They (Owner) aren't diver, so they don't care......

So I take it that the loss of diver income is pushing them into opening a drunken swimming hole for local kids?

Roughneck Alley? :D

When I first started going to BS in 1996 under the previous owners, they allowed swimmers. IT WAS CHAOS! Swimmers were allowed in at 1pm if I recall correctly, giving the divers total morning access.

And yes, it's all you'll think it will be......drunken rednecks, boom boxes and beer cans to collect on your dives. I remember being landed on by a jumper from the cliff side....I was fine, he didn't fair too well landing on my tank.

This is NOT good news.

Diving prices "should" go down, given Rick raised the price for diving quoting one of the reasons being no swimmers and divers only. Yeah right, I won't hold my breath.

If they would allow fishing as well it would mean that they would have to stock the quarry. NEW SCENERY!!:D
This just doesn't sound good. Not that I have dove there hardly at all this year, or last.

Water source is a well. It was pointed out to me last time I went. Pipe from it comes straight out of the ground in front of the door to the white barn.

Water source is a well. It was pointed out to me last time I went. Pipe from it comes straight out of the ground in front of the door to the white barn.

Where have you been last two weekends?

working for the man. i met some dsiw people at bs late sunday for one dive. i woke up late.

Back
Top Bottom