shuttle from airport to hotels - is it worth it to pre-order?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkEsq

Cthulhu Hunter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Flying in to Cozumel and I've heard that you can't (easily) catch taxis to your hotel, and have to take a shuttle. It appears that you can order a shuttle online, but I'm wondering if it makes sense to do that versus just getting one once we've landed. Some of the online reviews of the shuttle companies are poor, so curious what the recommended strategy is. I'm happy to pay a few extra dollars to save time or inconvenience, but don't want to way overpay.

Having recently come back from Coz for the first time and following the helpful advice of many of the regular visitors there I’d say no. Really, it could not be easier than walking out of customs, down the hall straight ahead to the two contracted shuttle operators, pay and get on. We were on a shuttle minutes after paying. Cheaper than prebooking that I could see and much cheaper than what the tour operator offered. Take it from a noob…

Nope. Gather luggage, avoid the touts, head to the shuttle desk, pay the pesos or dollars, get on and as soon as it's full off you go

For 3 adults with a typical amount of luggage (one medium suitcase per person), would we fit in the private cabs, or would we need to use the shared van?

Whenever you hire a cab in Cozumel you agree on the price BEFORE you get in. Make them say the price out loud. Just a suggestion........

For 3 adults with a typical amount of luggage (one medium suitcase per person), would we fit in the private cabs, or would we need to use the shared van?
The only way to get a private cab would be to hike the 250 yards or more to get off the airport property. If you have never been to Cozumel before I'd advise taking the shuttle. BTW Cozumel cabs come in all shapes and sizes.

The only way to get a private cab would be to hike the 250 yards or more to get off the airport property. If you have never been to Cozumel before I'd advise taking the shuttle. BTW Cozumel cabs come in all shapes and sizes.
by private cab, I mean the cab provided by the shuttle service - it looks like both authorized shuttle services offer shared vans, private vans and private cars. Or is that not the case?

by private cab, I mean the cab provided by the shuttle service - it looks like both authorized shuttle services offer shared vans, private vans and private cars. Or is that not the case?
correct, they have vans and cars

Stop over thinking it
Tell them where you are going and enjoy the ride

You get in the van, if you and your luggage are enough to fill it up, off you go. If there is room, you wait until it is full, and off you go. Thankfully it is air conditioned. People and luggage get dropped off in geographical order

I did it once through my hotel and never again. Now I just grab a taxi at the airport

I get the private ones which I think are kind of pricey at 40-60 USD to Presidente, but I think the shared van is ~ $15

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom