Question Shuttle to Megamart. Cab to south end. Am I complicating things?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Security don't care at mega - it's easier at mega or you need to use the side/back door at chedraui. They check helmets and bags all day..............

1 Have shopping list ready
2 Shuttle to Mega
3 One person stand near entrance with luggage
4 Other person goes in and shops
5 Person with luggage will be approached by taxista
6 Talk with cabbie about the weather and how much for a ride to RR
7 When shopping is done get in cab and go
8 No taxi waiting, no need to pay while shopping, no need for two people to shop.

1 Have shopping list ready
2 Shuttle to Mega
3 One person stand near entrance with luggage
4 Other person goes in and shops
5 Person with luggage will be approached by taxista
6 Talk with cabbie about the weather and how much for a ride to RR
7 When shopping is done get in cab and go
8 No taxi waiting, no need to pay while shopping, no need for two people to shop.
Will the shuttle drop off at Mega?

Will the shuttle drop off at Mega?

There should not be any issue in that - worse case is drop off at Baracudda right across the street and it should be the same price to either place

So I thought I would follow up on my experience. I arrived to Cozumel this afternoon to some heavy rain. Ditched walking to Diego’s for lunch, then catching a cab to Megamart; eventually arriving to final destination at Residencias Reef. Instead I decided to take a shuttle. With some renovations at the airport, the shuttle desk is now located on the far left after exiting customs. I asked driver to drop me off at the Barracuda Hotel. I saw the trace of a grimace. I ran across the street to Megamart in the pouring rain, dropped my bags at desk by escalator and shopping madness commenced(looked, but did not find Bohemia Obscura). I took cab with groceries and luggage to RR. It was easier than I had anticipated. Will definitely do again.

With some renovations at the airport, the shuttle desk is now located on the far left after exiting customs.

So just to be clear, after customs the counter is no longer a right and last booth on left.

So now it is a hard left and counter is on what side?

Please confirm, my wife may be traveling to Cozumel alone this trip because i may be unable to fly.

:sadness:

Yes, it is a hard left. In the corner. The other booths are mostly for rental cars. You will see signs for Cozushuttle and Flex Shuttle.

So just to be clear, after customs the counter is no longer a right and last booth on left.

So now it is a hard left and counter is on what side?

Please confirm, my wife may be traveling to Cozumel alone this trip because i may be unable to fly.

:sadness:
Regardless of where it is/they are now, it should be easy to locate the shuttle booth(s). All you need to do is to ignore the people with clipboards offering to "help" when you emerge from Customs and look for the signs. What we do is to get us and all our equipaje past all that out to the shuttle departure area and send one of us back inside to locate and pay for the shuttle tix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom