Si Tech Dry Glove Rings on a DUI TLS350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVideo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
While at my LDS I saw a set of Si Tech dry glove rings on the counter and asked if the permanently attachable ones could be put on a DUI TLS350. The tech said no way would he do that as he has had nothing but trouble getting the glue to stick.

Has anyone put these your your DS? Any leaks or other issues? I know Dive Right in Scuba advertises that they do, but I have never seen a set actually installed.

Is there something different about DUI material that makes this harder?

I use the Viking rings, which are the same as the Si Tech, I think. They attach to the existing latex seals. Not removing the seals gives you protection from a suit flood if the glove develops a leak, which it will eventually. Bob3 on Scubaboard has them: Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits Bob has also been very helpful on details of how to glue one thing to another.

I'd suggest "Seal Cement" a neoprene cement. For the TLS-350 lightly sand the surface to be bonded first and clean with toluene. The toluene is pretty nasty stuff so be sure to have good ventilation.

Nearly everyone I know uses Atlas gloves. Although I see several ring systems in common use.

I have zip seals on now and want to use a system that can replace the seals easily and have dry gloves. The Si Tech that glue on can also then use a latex or silicone seal plus gloves.

Just not sure how well the gluing process is that Dive Right in Scuba talks about. Since my LDS will not do it, that leaves me questioning the entire process.

I have zip seals on now
You should keep the ZIP seal system. DUI is coming out with silicon seals this year. You can use SI Tech or Viking rings with ZIP seals. If I had ZIP's I would get Viking rings just for their positive locking feature. BTW I have both sets now.

Yes, we can install them on that suit no problem. We have done quite a few DUIs. Most people see the benefit in the Zip seals, but don't like the price tag they carry when you need to replace the seals. The Si Tech system is much cheaper. Also, when you add drygloves, you don't lose your wrist seal. Either way, look at all the systems and find out which is best for you.

We can even talk you thru doing it yourself, if you are a DIYer :wink: Either way, there is ZERO reason for this system to not be installed on ANY drysuit. Most people just don't know how to do it or what products to use for the best adhesion

Just not sure how well the gluing process is that Dive Right in Scuba talks about. Since my LDS will not do it, that leaves me questioning the entire process.

On another note....We do warranty work for 3 different Drysuit manufactures and over 45 dive shops across the country, not to mention if you email Si Techs Canadian distributor, they will refer you to us (same as the above manufacturers). I wouldn't worry about questioning our process :wink: We also give you a 2 year warranty on our work.

Your shop probably won't do it because they never have done it, or as I said before, they don't have the proper adhesive to do it right. Either way, it can be done, and we have done it on numerous suits and all suit materials.

Send me your suit. If you don't like it, I will remove it and install normal wrist seals again, or if you buy them, I will install zip seals for free. I will refund our labor, the price of the system, and you only pay shipping. On the other hand.... when you like our work, and the system, you come back here and let everyone know :cool2:

This deal is only for Scubavideo....:popcorn:

I tried the Sitech temporary ring system, but never could get it to work without leaking. After several attempts I finally gave up on the temporary system & sent my suit to DUI to have the Zip Seal system put in, so that I can quickly & easily switch back & forth between regular style wrist seals & Drygloves. Got to try the drygloves out for the first time in 44 degree water yesterday. It worked like a charm. Yes, my hands still got a little chilly (not wet though), even with the liners, it was not an incapacitating cold that I have had to suffer through in the past using wet gloves.

I use Diving Conceps dryglove rings with my TLS350 and zip seals. They are a little bit of a challenge to install but work great. The zip seals make it very easy to switch between warm and cold water seals.

I tried the Sitech temporary ring system, but never could get it to work without leaking.

You had the Dryglove system correct? Not the replaceable wrist system?

Question for you on the Zips....when you have the drygloves zipped on, what happens if you rip the glove? The blue gloves, Atlas series, are great gloves, but often develop slits in them from use. That is my experience here with the zebra mussels and rocks, so I would be concerned with having a flooded drysuit due to my experience and how much aquaseal my gloves have on them. A flooded hand is no biggie, but does the zip system retain the wrist seal so you don't flood the suit?

You had the Dryglove system correct? Not the replaceable wrist system?

Question for you on the Zips....when you have the drygloves zipped on, what happens if you rip the glove? The blue gloves, Atlas series, are great gloves, but often develop slits in them from use. That is my experience here with the zebra mussels and rocks, so I would be concerned with having a flooded drysuit due to my experience and how much aquaseal my gloves have on them. A flooded hand is no biggie, but does the zip system retain the wrist seal so you don't flood the suit?

It was the Sitech temporary ring system (seals against the latex seals). The rings could be removed from the suit, leaving just the normal latex seals.

The drygloves I am using has a water dam in it to minimize the amount of water than can get in. DUI has a regular Zip Dryglove with no water dam & if torn, yes, the water will flood the suit. With the water dams, pretty much only my hands will get wet. Yes, there is a little squeeze, but nothing that causes a big problem. When I don the gloves, I squeeze the excess air out into the main part of the suit to keep the bulge from interfering with my dexterity. I decided on the Zip Seals because I frequently need to switch back & forth between drygloves & wrist seals that leave my hands exposed.

Back
Top Bottom