Si-Tech Orust neck system gluing jig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HugoRk

Registered
Reaction score
So I had to glue an Orust system to my drysuit. The thing is pretty darn flabby, and the drysuit fabric is even flabbier, I was seeing the potential headache coming. So I made a jig you can 3D print which makes it a fun time where you don't actually question all your choices in life since third grade.

Orust glueing press.jpg
Orust press male 2.jpeg
Orust press male.jpeg
Orust press combined.jpeg

I guess one could say it's a press tool with a male and a female die. And it is a life saver if you ever want to upgrade your suit this way. Shoutout to Luz at Casco Antiguo for selling the Orust system to me and for his awesome service.

You'll find the printables here: Si-Tech Orust gluing jig by twentyone

If you ever use it, please tell me, you'd make my day.

Cheers

I wish I had that when I put mine in, great idea

I wish I had that when I put mine in, great idea
Honestly, I didn't feel up to the task. More power to you!

Is there any reason this would not work for the Si-Tech Quick Neck ring? It is identical in shape just slightly less flexible than the Orust neck ring.

-Z

Is there any reason this would not work for the Si-Tech Quick Neck ring? It is identical in shape just slightly less flexible than the Orust neck ring.

-Z
I guess it would work just as well, even if the skirt angle is slightly different. You could tweak it in your slicing software to steepen of soften the angle (scale Z) as well as increase or decrease the overall dimensions if needed. I cut a groove in the male part to accomodate for the Orust inner ring, but it won't be a problem for other systems.

So I had to glue an Orust system to my drysuit. The thing is pretty darn flabby, and the drysuit fabric is even flabbier, I was seeing the potential headache coming. So I made a jig you can 3D print which makes it a fun time where you don't actually question all your choices in life since third grade.

View attachment 773398View attachment 773395View attachment 773396View attachment 773397

I guess one could say it's a press tool with a male and a female die. And it is a life saver if you ever want to upgrade your suit this way. Shoutout to Luz at Casco Antiguo for selling the Orust system to me and for his awesome service.

You'll find the printables here: Si-Tech Orust gluing jig by twentyone

If you ever use it, please tell me, you'd make my day.

Cheers
Awesome, even more awesome you released it for everyone and didn't try to make a buck.

Very cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom